The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Aldi's GT cola .... but wait, there's more !!!

DLnWPBrown

• Total Posts: 832
Aldi's GT cola .... but wait, there's more !!! Sun, 06/14/09 2:00 PM (permalink)
I shop at Aldi's at least once a week and everything I have tried so far has been good to very good. I decided this past week to try their GT cola for the first week. The soda came in a 24 pack of 12 ounce cans for $4.49 so I figured what the heck, let's try it. 

First off, it tastes a lot different when it's warm and poured over ice verses ice cold from the fridge. Sooooo, I was sitting on the deck grilling out and decided to grab one and the taste finally hit me. I kept thinking it was a cross somewhere between Coke and Pepsi but it is not, it RC Cola !!! The can is even close in color and design to an RC Cola can. So after finishing that one, I had another and I really think it's RC. I know Aldi's contracts with companies all over the country and I am guessing GT cola is possibly RC Cola.

On a side note, their brand of peanut butter must be JIF, same smell, creaminess, flavor,  everything right down to the ingredients list to the word. Give it a try if you like JIF.

Dennis in Cary

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com