The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

What Deli/Diner Sandwiches Do You Love?

Navy_Brat913

• Total Posts: 179
What Deli/Diner Sandwiches Do You Love? Mon, 06/15/09 11:31 PM (permalink)
There are 3 sandwiches I judge delis and diners by, and was wondering what everyone else's are.  As much as I'm into reuben's, muffs and philly cheesesteaks, these are the sammies I judge diners and delis by:

The Club:  Something about turkey, ham & bacon with toasted bread, mayo, tomato and lettuce can be magical if done well.  Even better if avocado is added.

The Italian:  Growing up in Groton, CT, I have had a TON of great italian subs/grinders/hoagies.  Anyone who can do one of these well, with great bread, loaded meats, cheese and veggies, and topped with oregano and oil is worthy of marriage:)

The French Dip:  My best so far is the one I make at home, but my first came through Arbys, lol.  I have had a few really good ones, but most of them are made using the overdone roast beef, the idea being the au jus will moisten it. 

What are your favorite sandwiches, by which you judge delis and diners, and where are they?  In VA I love a deli called Bozzelli's, where even the simplest tuna salad or blt is fantastic, out here in WA I love the Italian Sub from Noah's Ark Restaurant or the Club from Big Apple Diner.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com