Best BURGER(s) in Philly ?!? The DEVIL'S ALLEY burger? pics!

Author
ellen4641
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3531
2009/06/16 23:05:03 (permalink)

Best BURGER(s) in Philly ?!? The DEVIL'S ALLEY burger? pics!

on June 15th, 2009, (Monday) I took the train from the Atlantic City area into Philly...
My GOAL ???  I wanted to see if the ROYAL TAVERN deserved the "best burger in Pennsylvania" award it received  in the Food Network Magazine (June-July issue..."50 states, 50 burgers"..

This ROYAL TAVERN burger is $10.00.  (it is a big 1/2 pound burger)
And it includes bacon, which I passed on..
Fries are $4.00 extra..

Gotta warn you; these burger pics did NOT come out too good.... very dark place... I need more practice..

This is a unique burger, due to the GOUDA cheese, and the LONG HOT PEPPER...(the last of which gives it that extra "Philly touch"
It also comes with "Chili Mayonaisse"... I had asked for extra, so that's why my burger looks EXTRA MESSY..
(good and messy!!!)

I DEVOURED this burger!!
This NEXT pic shows just how nice and THICK is was!!

I had their "SAMPLER CHICKEN WINGS" for an appetizer...($10.00)  they were decent, but in retrospect, not really necessary .....(I should've totally saved myself for that burger)  ...I just picked at the wings, anyway..

The ROYAL TAVERN is located in South Philly, on Passyunk by Carpenter St...
it is near the Italian Market , which I walked to afterwards...(had to work on burning off those burger calories!)

So what do you think, Roadfood guys & gals?!?  Did  ELLEN believe  the ROYAL TAVERN burger deserved the status of "Best Burger in Pennsylvania???????
(and as they say on TV, "Come back tomorrow to find out" !!!)

And there will ONE MORE BURGER STOP coming up.... the DEVIL'S ALLEY.... (much better burger pics, I promise!)

post edited by ellen4641 - 2009/06/18 14:52:13

47 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1