Hot!Southwest Ohio and Environs (Open Chat)

Author
NYPIzzaNut
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3140
2009/07/01 14:04:07 (permalink)

Southwest Ohio and Environs (Open Chat)

For those of you who may be interested I go out to lunch weekly with friends from greater Cinci and Dayton areas.  I now live in Sardinia in Brown County, at Lake Waynoka.

I have lived in greater Cinci since 1977 - first in Mt Washington and then in Westwood.

I am from Yonkers NY originally ( born in Manhattan and lived in the Bronx and Corona Queens as a babe and toddler - moved to Yonkers in 1949).  I have also lived in Alabama from 1970 - 1977.

So my  food ideas come from this background and the lunch companions I eat with weekly.

Our group has changed since 2000 when we first began it - it is known as the Lunchbunch.  The members are from Paris TN and  Enosburg Falls VT and Detroit MI ( and me from Yonkers mainly ) originally - to give you some idea about our food preferences etc.

I have posted on the the Cinci and Dayton threads about our visits to restaurants in this area of the country in the past but through some discussion etc it seems best to put our meandering lunches in a separate thread - I hesitated to do this simply because I thought it might confuse members but my idea at the moment is to put our lunch visits here and pretty well not on the other two threads for this area of the country but I will continue to post there on a more general basis for the most part - where appropriate.

Our lunch tomorrow will be at:

http://www.olegstavern.com/About_Us.html

Oleg's Tavern is a family owned and operated restaurant located at
11929 Montgomery Rd. Cincinnati OH 45249

Our Mission is to provide a unique environment to have a delicious homemade natural meal, prepared especially for you! We also have wonderful custom prepared dinners, made just for your tastes. We will make the breakfast, lunch and dinner experience for every customer as enjoyable as possible! 

At the Oleg's Tavern, we strive to serve our guests fresh, antibiotic-free ingredients.  We want the true flavor of Chef Oleg’s German cuisine to speak for itself.  Thank you for helping us achieve our very own American Dream.  We are grateful. 
                                                                                   –Oleg and Olena Makhayev

Since 2000 we have been to hundreds of places around the area including N Ky and SE In.

Some places we repeat because they are so good - but not too often - as the consensus seems to be to find new experiences.  It can be a trying ordeal at times but sometimes we luck into a new wonder.

I would be more than willing to share our food experiences with anyone here who might be interested.

Being from diverse backgrounds our Lunchbunch often differ on their opinions of the food we eat (we generally share most all the dishes we order).
post edited by NYPIzzaNut - 2009/07/01 21:08:19

888 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1