Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?.....

Author
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
2009/07/04 11:37:48 (permalink)

Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?.....

This is what is going on my sandwich... just the tomato, folks....I couldnt abuse this beauty by adding anything else with it!....
Ahhhh........ summer time tomatoes!

(and yes, Miracle Whip-- I know I know, we are about 50/50 divided here on RF... I have seen the thread!)

If the pic doesnt show to size, I found if you refresh the page, the large pic will show.....
post edited by roossy90 - 2009/07/04 12:08:40

24 Replies Related Threads

seatown76
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 379
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/04 11:56:47 (permalink)
    Miracle WHip or Hellmans, can't go wrong with either with this beauty!
    porkbeaks
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2216
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/04 12:02:48 (permalink)
    I'm with you on the Miracle Whip. pb
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/04 12:09:57 (permalink)
    seatown76

Miracle WHip or Hellmans, can't go wrong with either with this beauty!

Had to be PC and try to please everyone before a fight breaks out......
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8323
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/04 12:13:14 (permalink)
    Absolutely gorgeous!!!
    Jennifer_4
    • Total Posts : 1509
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/04 12:37:52 (permalink)
    you would think living in an agricultural area in california, we could get tomatoes that look and taste wonderful, alas, its not so.  If you want the good stuff around here you have to attempt to grow it yourself...unfortunately I have a black thumb.  So i'm stuck with tomatoes that taste as if they've been strip mined in Texas (thank you Garrison Keillor!).
    Kudos to the gorgeous tomato! Enjoy it for those of us that can't!
    post edited by Jennifer_4 - 2009/07/04 12:39:14
    kkrhmom
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 70
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/04 13:32:13 (permalink)
    My favorite kind of sandwich.  When I was pregnant with my first child I ate a tomato and onion sandwich EVERY DAY.  Wouldn't you know it, she was born with red hair!!  Nothing better than a fresh tomato sandwich!!!  Looks lovely!!!
    Neesie
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 322
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/04 14:08:34 (permalink)
    kkrhmom

My favorite kind of sandwich.  When I was pregnant with my first child I ate a tomato and onion sandwich EVERY DAY.  Wouldn't you know it, she was born with red hair!!  Nothing better than a fresh tomato sandwich!!!  Looks lovely!!!

I love red haired children!  If only I'd known your secret a few decades back!

tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/04 14:53:57 (permalink)
    What--no Farmers Market in Fresno!!!--Move to Chico!!!!
    the ancient mariner
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3987
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/04 15:19:57 (permalink)
    Roossy------ a rose by any other name is still a rose---but miracle
    whip no matter the name is not mayonaisse.  It is a very poor substitute---kinda like oleo and butter. 

And being Politically Correct is being gutless. 
    Stand up and fight for what you believe in, even though you may not win you will not be a wimp---

By the way MAYO is about 2000% better than anything in second place.  And Miracle Whip may not even be second. 

Besides which. if you really want perfection ----just slice that tomato and put it between two slices of white bread and take a big bite-----you won't need anything else. Bon Appetit Mon Amie-----
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10198
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/04 15:44:44 (permalink)
    Let's not start that Miricle Whip - Mayo thing all over again. There's another LOOOONG THREAD on that topic if you want to discuss it.
    REFER TO THE ORIGINAL QUESTION. Regardless of which one you use, what else is going in the Sandwich?  like the rest of you I vote for a Beefsteak Tomato. I had an Heirloom Tomato for the first time yesterday. Got it at a Farmers Market. What a Great Taste!
     I may never go back to regular tomatoes!
    agnesrob
    • Total Posts : 1790
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/04 17:26:25 (permalink)
    Thanks for posting those wonderful pictures, Rossy! I have awhile to wait for my homegrown!
    Wabbit
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 477
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/04 17:36:16 (permalink)
    I just watered my Tomato plants... I can't wait for my Mater sandwiches!!!  Grow faster darn it grow faster!!! I envy you!!!
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/04 21:18:11 (permalink)
    Got it from a local stand here in South Carolina.........This chick sells everything under the sun out of the back of her truck......... She even has a little credit card machine.. She has been there for as long as I lived here before... At least since 2006.......
    That tomato might be bigger than the bread...." />
    post edited by roossy90 - 2009/07/04 21:19:15
    NYPIzzaNut
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3140
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/04 21:25:08 (permalink)
    the ancient mariner

whip no matter the name is not mayonaisse.  It is a very poor substitute---kinda like oleo and butter. 

Stand up and fight for what you believe in, even though you may not win you will not be a wimp---

By the way MAYO is about 2000% better than anything in second place.  And Miracle Whip may not even be second. 

Besides which. if you really want perfection ----just slice that tomato and put it between two slices of white bread and take a big bite-----you won't need anything else. Bon Appetit Mon Amie-----
    ..leave off the bread and add mozzarrella and fresh basil and olive oil and that is my summer way of having tomatoes..

roossy90
    Sirloin
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/04 21:34:18 (permalink)
    NYPIzzaNut

[
    ..leave off the bread and add mozzarrella and fresh basil and olive oil and that is my summer way of having tomatoes..

OOOH.... caprese'..............Yum......
    cavandre
    • Total Posts : 1622
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/05 08:28:45 (permalink)
    NYPIzzaNut

the ancient mariner

Or instead of slicing the mozz & tomatoes, dice them & then mix with the olive oil & basil, then put this mix on top of still warm pasta. The cheese will melt a bit & the result is really tasty
    douginvirginia
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 462
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/05 08:38:33 (permalink)
    I'm about a week away from my first 'mater from the garden.

The first one is always used as the foundation for a BLT (with Duke's).
    rebeltruce
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 702
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/06 06:37:59 (permalink)
    douginvirginia

Doug,

How are your plants doing with all this rain, I have a ton of tomato's on mine but they are all small! I've had one or two ripen up, and they were very tasty, but very small....

I picked up a few pounds this weekend at the Farmer's Market in Fredericksburg, Va., the tomatos there were fantastic.

White Wonder bread, Hellman's, S&P, and a slice or two of some garden onions....simply heaven.

Anyone in Doug and my area if you haven't been to the Fredericksburg Farmer's Market I highly recommend it. Lotsa Farmers, and all the produce was fantastic! Saturdays 8AM-1PM.
    douginvirginia
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 462
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/06 07:32:09 (permalink)
    rebeltruce

douginvirginia

Doug,

How are your plants doing with all this rain, I have a ton of tomato's on mine but they are all small! I've had one or two ripen up, and they were very tasty, but very small....

I picked up a few pounds this weekend at the Farmer's Market in Fredericksburg, Va., the tomatos there were fantastic.

White Wonder bread, Hellman's, S&P, and a slice or two of some garden onions....simply heaven.

Anyone in Doug and my area if you haven't been to the Fredericksburg Farmer's Market I highly recommend it. Lotsa Farmers, and all the produce was fantastic! Saturdays 8AM-1PM.

truce, they're holding up - i've got pretty good drainage, but still could us some heat to really bring them on.

those you got probably came from down in northern neck - they're usually about two weeks ahead of us. was there any sweet corn available? as much as i love maters, it's the first corn of the year that i look forward to the most.

i'd still love to come over to observe you smoke that bacon - maybe this fall.

jellybear
    • Total Posts : 1135
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/06 09:04:45 (permalink)
    That thing is screaming for a Cheeseburger underneath it!
    John A
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4295
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/06 09:52:04 (permalink)
    Or this.

rebeltruce
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 702
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/06 10:05:56 (permalink)
    douginvirginia

rebeltruce

douginvirginia

Doug,

truce, they're holding up - i've got pretty good drainage, but still could us some heat to really bring them on.

those you got probably came from down in northern neck - they're usually about two weeks ahead of us. was there any sweet corn available? as much as i love maters, it's the first corn of the year that i look forward to the most

i'd still love to come over to observe you smoke that bacon - maybe this fall.

Plenty of sweet corn there, a couple different variety's.....Yellow, Silver Queen, Salt and Pepper.....I was amazed at the quality of the produce there...spent two hours wondering around shopping.

I have three belly's in the freezer, and just used up my last package of bacon on BLT's made with the above mentioned tomato's....so I'm thinking I need to start curing belly's as soon as I can thaw them out!! I'll keep you posted.....

NYPIzzaNut
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3140
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/06 11:35:03 (permalink)
    cavandre

NYPIzzaNut

the ancient mariner

Or instead of slicing the mozz & tomatoes, dice them & then mix with the olive oil & basil, then put this mix on top of still warm pasta. The cheese will melt a bit & the result is really tasty
    ...that sounds like a great idea..I will try that ... I usually just use tomato sauce on pasta or garlic, butter, olive oil and parmesan cheese...

MiamiDon
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4306
    Re:Salt, Pepper, Bread, Miracle Whip (or Mayo)....and what?..... 2009/07/06 13:51:39 (permalink)
    Did you another job?  Is this in your new restaurant?
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1