The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Remembering R C Draft Cola from the 1990s

jonjax71

• Total Posts: 435
Remembering R C Draft Cola from the 1990s Tue, 07/7/09 10:33 PM (permalink)

Over the weekend I was re-organizing my garage's loft area with dozens of crates and boxes filled with assorted items, old small appliances and junk. One of the crates had a R C Cola Draft Cola bottle in bad condition, slightly cracked and deteriorated label. It made me recall the few years of the 1990s when R C bottled a real cane sugar cola and marketed it as draft cola. It was very tasty but sadly didn't last but a few years. Never learned why it was discontinued

ChiTownDiner

Re:Remembering R C Draft Cola from the 1990s Wed, 07/8/09 11:08 AM (permalink)
    For two summers in collegwe, I worked at the RC plant at 47th and California in Chicago.  It was a great summer job.  While I worked on the trucks 98% of the time, a few days each summer we rotated and filled in inside. 

The soda was made and bottled cold, and we were alowed to drink as many as we wanted.  Back then, it was all sugar and 16 oz. bottles.  On a hot summer day, we could slam a bottle in one sip!

Bella Caffe

• Total Posts: 88
      Re:Remembering R C Draft Cola from the 1990s Sun, 08/9/09 10:16 AM (permalink)
      The only way to remember an RC Cola is while eating a Moon Pie. RC & a Moon Pie, now thats a summer snack!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com