Remembering the original Cott's cream soda

Author
jonjax71
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 438
2009/07/07 22:43:39 (permalink)

Remembering the original Cott's cream soda

Although I am a native So Californian and lifelong resident approaching 60 years young, I have traveled extensively around the US for business and pleasure. Many of my cousins are from the Newark-New York City area and throughout the late 50s and early 1960s when visiting them as a pre teen and then teenager I recall fondly consuming Cott's cream soda from a 32 ounce glass bottle with a metal bottle cap, man oh man, that was the best cream soda ever, I used to make ice cream sodas with either a vanilla or chocolate scoop. Later on in the 70s although Cott's sodas were still around they were not the original family owned business and not as good.  I also remember seeing ads for them in magazines that said "It's Cott to be good!"

Anyone else recall original Cott's sodas? I also liked their black cherry soda. Even though I would buy other brands of cream soda when I was back home and over the past 30 years have tried a myriad of brands, clear and dark cream sodas, some very, very good, I can't forget how good the Cott's cream soda was. Perhaps it was the "forbidden fruit" the unavailibility of it in Cali that made it beteter because in the 1970s when those same cosuins came to vist us in Calif they always wanted Coors beer because that was not available west of the Rockies until the 80s when the feds stepped in and broke up their non-union factory and racist policies.

34 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1