The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

A Philly "Shake Shack"

phlmaestro

A Philly "Shake Shack" Sun, 07/19/09 8:07 PM (permalink)
This link will take you to an article on a new burger/hot dog/ice cream stand in Center City Philadelphia's Franklin Square. As the article indicates, it's clearly modeled after Shake Shack in NYC, although they have regular ice cream instead of frozen custard.

http://www.philly.com/philly/restaurants/20090719_Juicy_burger_is_icing_on_cake.html

I just tried it out for myself. The burger was very good. They are about a quarter pound of what appeared to be fresh ground beef. They're served on potato buns and come with onions, pickles, ketchup and mustard. My burger was juice and perfectly cooked (nicely pink inside). I also tried their "Philly hot dog," which is a Kosher dog wrapped in Kosher salami with onions, pickles, tomatoes, peppers and mustard. It was nice, but I'll probably just go for the burger next time. I didn't have enough of an appetite to try a shake or sundae, but I had a good view of the person making the shakes and they were extremely thick.
The place is called Burger Square, I assume because it's located in Franklin Square, since the burgers themselves are the standard round.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com