Amazing Homemade Dogs in Orange County, N.Y

Author
ConeyIslandLou
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 752
2009/08/11 20:30:08 (permalink)

Amazing Homemade Dogs in Orange County, N.Y

Recently a local regional magazine published an article about this place here in Orange County that makes homemade dogs:

Part butcher shop, part convenience store, the Quaker Creek does ALL of its meat making on site. You KNOW you are in Meat Heaven , when you get a look at the display case:

The counter guy even a case or two for me to see up close and personal:

The 'regular' frankfurters are lovely 8 to the pound natural casing (naturally) beauties. I ended up buying a pound of the regular dogs, and a couple of the weisswurst to take home for my tests...here is what they look like on the grill:

The weisswurst literally melts in your mouth, and the franks have a great snap, and a slightly SWEET taste to them. Both are some of the best sausages and dogs I have EVER have..and you canbet I am going back and back and back....

The Quaker Creek is on the Pine Island Turnpike in the heart of the Orange County Black Dirt region. They do have a couple of long tables where I THINK you can eat the dogs cooke to eat there - I literally was drooling so much, and wanting to get my dogs home....I forgot to ask!!

11 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1