The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Free Refill: Coffee / Soft Drinks ?

Michael_Germany

• Total Posts: 505
Free Refill: Coffee / Soft Drinks ? Fri, 08/28/09 2:57 PM (permalink)
Greetings, Roadfooders!

"Free Refill" is not common here in Germany, only MDs offers free refill for their coffee. Being in Manitoba/Canada in 1979, free refill for soft drings was common in most of the cafes, also for coffee, what about this in the USA...?

I am wondering, if they will start to charge for a toothpick or a paper napkin over here in Germany...

Kind regards

Michael

kirstine

• Total Posts: 264
    Re:Free Refill: Coffee / Soft Drinks ? Fri, 08/28/09 3:07 PM (permalink)
    Having been in the US a few times, free soft drink and coffee refills were the norm...although I nearly always had to ask for them without the ice otherwise the drinks would be half water (same here in Canada too).

It's starting to catch on in the UK now too with the American chains such as TGI's.

Michael_Germany

• Total Posts: 505
      Re:Free Refill: Coffee / Soft Drinks ? Fri, 08/28/09 3:36 PM (permalink)
      Greetings to Canada, kirstine!

Being in Shilo/Manitoba in the year 1979, "free refill" was new to us german soldiers, we never used this offer for soft drinks, modest as we were...

Coffee free refill was common over there, but I do not like to talk about canadian so called "Coffee", sorry.

All you can eat restaurants are very popular here in Germany, but you have to pay for every single drink, be it beer, a soft drink, or a cup of coffee...
      (btw, I do not like this "All you can eat" restaurants here in Germany, I have never visited such a place.)

Kind regards

Michael

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15058
        • Roadfood Insider
        Re:Free Refill: Coffee / Soft Drinks ? Fri, 08/28/09 4:23 PM (permalink)
        The 'free refill' offer varies widely around the country (USA) . Many places offer free tea and coffee refills, but not other beverages. Some offer the coffee and tea and Soda, or at least some soda. The two beverages seldom included in the 'free refill' catagory are Milk and (Real) Juice.  Alcoholic beverages are seldom part of the free-refill deal anywhere.

marzsit

• Total Posts: 343
          Re:Free Refill: Coffee / Soft Drinks ? Sat, 09/5/09 6:37 AM (permalink)
          on the west coast, most of the fast-food places have self-service soda dispensers in the dining areas and free refills are usually allowed. most upscale restaurants give free refills on anything that doesn't come out of a bottle or can (coffee, tea, soda on tap) but i've never been to a restaurant that gives out free beer refills...:(

harleytexas

• Total Posts: 101
            Re:Free Refill: Coffee / Soft Drinks ? Mon, 09/14/09 8:55 PM (permalink)
            I remember when I grew up in Canada that most places charged for soft drinks by the glass and when I visited my relatives in Texas, they had free refills.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com