Trevilian's Pharmacy/Charleston WV

Author
claracamille
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 429
2009/09/13 15:34:32 (permalink)

Trevilian's Pharmacy/Charleston WV

I visited my mom in West Virginia & had lunch at one of my favorite places for lunch-Trevilian's Pharmacy in Charleston WV.   I had an grilled english bun slaw dog & great fresh cut french fries.  I wanted to try the malted milk shake but the large serving of french fries filled me up.

Trevilian's has added more tables & has about 20 stools at the soda fountain.  I got there about 1:30pm & the place was still about 2/3 full.  It is a place where local folks meet for lunch particularily those in their golden years.  Several groups of elderly ladies were finishing a leisurely lunch.

Just as I was leaving a lady came in.  She was obviously closer to 90 than 80 & she walked with a cane.  As she sat down at her table I could see that her hands were badly crippled with arthritis.   Apparently, she lunched at Trevilian's frequently because the waitress did not take her order,but immediately brought her a cup of soup & crackers,sandwich, & water.  Then the sweetest thing happened- the waitress opened all the packages of crackers, knowing that it would be difficult for the lady to do so herself. 

What a wonderful lesson for us all- to recognize when somone needs help, then quietly do what is needed to provide assistance.

4 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1