The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

? for those that make elephant ears

neonlady

• Total Posts: 27
? for those that make elephant ears Thu, 09/17/09 11:09 PM (permalink)
We've been asked to serve elephant ears with some other hot foods from our concession trailer at a kids event. We do have two double fryers, so I think physically it is possible, as long as we scale back our traditional menu to accommodate the demand that doing elephant ears will create.

The event is the 27th annual, and the parade draws about 3-4k people. The aftershow is two blocks from the end of the parade, with additional helmet safety stuff and other kid oriented happenings. They are expected to draw about a thousand of the people over after the parade. hours will be 11 -2pm.

We've settled on using a frozen white demi-loaf. They come 60 to a box and we have three boxes. We plan to cut each demi in half for portions, giving us a total of 360 pieces.

For those that have done ears, do you think this qty would be enough?

Can we pre-prep them ahead of time and how early can it be done (the day before?)

We plan to hand roll/stretch into about 10" sizes. What would be the best way to approach this?

Do you brush with butter then cin sugar? Or just dump in cin sugar.

Sorry for so many questions, but we figure at some point we should learn, even if it is not a regular offering for us.
Thanks for any help!!!
Pat

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com