The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Cameron Stove Top Smokers

DawnT

• Total Posts: 1286
Cameron Stove Top Smokers Thu, 09/24/09 12:16 PM (permalink)
I've been noticing on several of the cooking shows that these stove top smokers are seeing increasing use during the preparation of meals as a legitimate utensil. I only noticed them about a year or two ago and none of the retailers seemed to bother carrying them. My initial reaction to something like this is another as seen on TV gimmick even though I've used the smoker bags and this is sort of the same conceptual idea in a piece of cookware. Amazon surprised me with 132 reveiws on this item alone, most favorable. I already have a Smokin Tex (Cookshack clone) in the garage, but this seems to be a nice alternative to doing a meal's worth and not having to bother with the larger smoker. Has anyone used or own one of these. I would imagine due to the size it can be limiting. What about flat top stoves. Every demo that I've seen on the cooking shows is over gas burners. There's a few clones out there that are even cheaper, it's hard to judge how robust these are if you've never seen one.

dwt

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com