Beef Market Forecasts for 2004

Author
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15175
2003/12/24 15:20:08 (permalink)

Beef Market Forecasts for 2004

OK Friends,
We have watched as the Beef market has manipulated the prices of consumer Meat to the point where the average person will cut back on buying and eating it. Prices have risen well over 50% in less than 6 months time. Various reasons for the increase have been spread all over the media...Lower production, increased red-meat consumption by the public, Feed costs, The Mid-Eastern War (?), and a host of other B S reasons.
Today we have a bulletin about a genuine Pissed-Off Bovine, I am reluctant to say MAD-COW ! Apparently in a herd in Moses Lake Washington. ( I must say if I were confined in a herd in Moses Lake, Washington, I would probably display signs of mental illness also). So the various groups who normally run around in circles preventing the spread of such stuff, are doing just that..
My question for the clarivoants in the group is--- What can we expect from the announcement of this incident? (assuming it is genuine) What will the resulting action do to the market for Beef?
Come on give it a shot...You may be right!
1. decrease demand resulting in the lowering of prices to increase consumption.
2. decrease supply due to destruction of herds, resulting in a major shortage, with a related major increase in price.
3. No effect, people will ignore the whole thing and blame it on the Special Interest Lobbiests.
4. Pork and other meat prices will rise sharply as a result of increased demand from the former beef consumers.
More and More Possible Answers. You choose and explain.

92 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1