The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Montreal Smoked Meat

moneypenny27

• Total Posts: 27
Montreal Smoked Meat Wed, 10/7/09 2:42 PM (permalink)
  Background:I am a fan of the Canadian band Great Big Sea.  The three primary band members occasionally post personal commentary on their website for fans.  One member Sean speaks through his dog Tosh....  I think everyone will enjoy the description below

Smoked Meat Saturday, September 26, 2009
It was the smell that hit me first. An irresistable mixture of of brisket and mustard and black pepper smothered in swiss cheese laid on a loaf of rye. I would have wet myself if I could. Had I tear ducts, I'd have wept. Young troubador Jeremy Fisher had just strolled nonchalantly aboard the great big bus with no less than 10 lbs of prime smoked meat all the way from Schwarz's  famous deli in montreal. Had I lips, he most certainly would have been kissed. I have no idea if Mr. Fisher is a religious man, but I have vowed to embrace the Kaballah.
Half way through my third sandwich, it struck me just how potent this simple satisfying gift could be if given on a global scale. Got a problem with the Taliban? Air drop a plane load of montreal's finest on their asses. That will wipe the snarls off their surly faces. Hard to fire a rocket launcher when yer hove off on the couch watching the Habs. And how bout those big cement walls in the Gaza strip? Would they not fall to the powerful flavour as well? Throw in a vat of poutine and that conflict is over. Pirates off the African horn? Give their machete blades something truly worthy of fine slicing....and some pickles. Drug cartels would crumble the world over if we offered their customers an alternate form of consumable bliss. Kim Jong ill might even crack a smile.
Life is short. 
Why spend it making weapons when you can make sandwiches?

Tosh
<message edited by Tony Bad on Wed, 10/7/09 2:44 PM>

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6093
    Re:Montreal Smoked Meat Thu, 10/8/09 5:29 PM (permalink)
    So, did you really like it?

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com