Brisket in NC?

Author
NC Cheesehead
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 158
2009/10/10 19:01:41 (permalink)

Brisket in NC?

Ok, I know this is going to be a sore question for all of you traditional NC BBQ folks who love your carolina style shredded pork BBQ with the vinegar based sauces on a bun with coleslaw.   I personally love pork BBQ but I like bone in ribs (KC style) without the vinegar based sauce and prefer it on the bone as opposed to shredded on a bun.  I can find pork BBQ anywhere here in NC prepared as mentioned but my significant other from Texas misses good BBQ beef brisket.

Problem is, she is from Texas and loves her beef brisket.  We tried "Big Bob Gibsons" chain here in Monroe and the beef was dried out as hell.  I seem to be having a hard time getting anything "beef" related around here other than frozen burgers here in NC that are not worth a damn.  Hell, other than chains, I can't find a single place that even serves prime rib.  I think there were more cows in my backyard in WI than there are in all of NC. This was literally my backyard....  http://www.fountainprairi...ry.about.fpf2.10  I am from the midwest where good beef steaks and roasts are a dime a dozen.  It seems that unless it's shredded pork or fried chicken or fried anything for that matter, its not available here.  Anybody with any beef knowledge in NC, please help!

Can anyone tell me a good place to get good brisket in the Charlotte area?

Thank you! From a cow loving cheesehead in NC......

15 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1