The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Black Taco

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 42 of 42
seatown76

• Total Posts: 379
Re:Black Taco Tue, 10/20/09 2:51 PM (permalink)
Well I will admit that I ate there last Tuesday with the kids due to the fact that they love the hard shell Tacos there and on Tuesday you can get them 2 for .99. Anyways I tried a couple of the Black Jacks and they weren't half bad. I thought the Jack cheese sauce gave them a different little zip to them. Would I order them again? Probably not but at least I tried them.

Captain Howdy

• Total Posts: 59
    Re:Black Taco Tue, 10/20/09 3:42 PM (permalink)
    NYPIzzaNut

What is your favorite pizzeria in Cincinnayton?

Per your suggestion (which I read a while back when I was still just a lurker), Troni's.  Damn good pizza!

boyardee65

• Total Posts: 1457
      Re:Black Taco Tue, 10/20/09 5:34 PM (permalink)
        I have only been to Taco Bell a few times and I really haven't enjoyed their food. Most of it seems to taste the same to me. I have never had any of their specialty foods, ie, Chalupas, Gorditas, etc...

David O.

mar52

• Total Posts: 7608
        Re:Black Taco Tue, 10/20/09 7:07 PM (permalink)
        It is the same.  

They only have 5 ingredients and they just change the order in which they assemble them.

The black shell makes it 6.

VuduHippy

• Total Posts: 38
          Re:Black Taco Tue, 10/20/09 11:27 PM (permalink)
          Taco Bell's Black Jack Taco consists on a black corn taco shell, meat, Pepperjack (Baja) Sauce, lettuce and 3 blend cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, pepperjack).
            I manage a Taco Bell and we are selling a ton of these daily!

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15069
            • Roadfood Insider
            Re:Black Taco Wed, 10/21/09 8:18 AM (permalink)

Vudu...  Honest question, not a smart-ass anti TB probe...Do you think TB will alter the "Black Jack Taco" to a Taco with a different color shell in the near future. I see the 'Black' being a marketing ploy to imply a non-existent difference between the Black-Jack Taco and a Taco made with corn or flour of a different hue.

What's next?  A greenish hue meant to imply fusion with St Patricks Day ? (Remember the McDonalds Green Shakes)  or perhaps Red and Green over the Christmas holiday? Out West, and now spreading thruout the Mex-food menus, blue-corn has demanded a premium price and seems to be a 'more desireable' product. Is TB headed for a Blue Corn Taco (El Taco Azure Grande)??

I will say I tend towards the Jack in the box Greasy Tacos (2/$1) when I have the option (none in the Louisville area) and seldom visit the local TB.

VuduHippy

• Total Posts: 38
              Re:Black Taco Thu, 10/22/09 11:12 AM (permalink)
              mayor al

Vudu...  Honest question, not a smart-ass anti TB probe...Do you think TB will alter the "Black Jack Taco" to a Taco with a different color shell in the near future. I see the 'Black' being a marketing ploy to imply a non-existent difference between the Black-Jack Taco and a Taco made with corn or flour of a different hue.

What's next?  A greenish hue meant to imply fusion with St Patricks Day ? (Remember the McDonalds Green Shakes)  or perhaps Red and Green over the Christmas holiday? Out West, and now spreading thruout the Mex-food menus, blue-corn has demanded a premium price and seems to be a 'more desireable' product. Is TB headed for a Blue Corn Taco (El Taco Azure Grande)??

I will say I tend towards the Jack in the box Greasy Tacos (2/$1) when I have the option (none in the Louisville area) and seldom visit the local TB.

They'd probably keep the black taco shell permanent if they kept the Black Jack Taco as a permanent menu item.  They did with the Volcano Taco (with a dyed red shell); this is now a regular menu item.  Have no clue as to what the future holds.  TB corp doesn't give us an indication to new promotions until about 3 weeks before they roll-out.  

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15069
                • Roadfood Insider
                Re:Black Taco Thu, 10/22/09 4:45 PM (permalink)
                Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, considering how the FF Mex stores are expanding all over the country I can't blame them for keeping info about 'futures' sort of 'close to home'.

Whe TB first appeared here in So Indiana I thought it was really funny how the locals responded to the 'new' food. One of my kids worked at the first stand in this area and would come home (early 1980's) telling me about the boys who ordered "Tay-Ko's" and Burros !   It isn't a lot better even today in the rural areas. It will be a long time before this area becomes "bilingual" !!

sk bob

• Total Posts: 1801
                  Re:Black Taco Thu, 10/22/09 8:09 PM (permalink)
                  did anyone notice the chairs in a couple shots in the commercial were the same ones in the the Men In Black movie?

rainyday6

• Total Posts: 98
                    Re:Black Taco Sun, 10/25/09 8:59 AM (permalink)
                    Mel, those were "Bellbeefers"!!

There are two types of people I will never trust:

1.  People who don't like fast food.

2.  People who don't like Seinfeld

Personally, I think you can find them after the rest of us are in bed, watching S. reruns with red Taco Bell grease running down their chins, but I have no proof.

EatingTheRoad

• Total Posts: 1205
                      Re:Black Taco Sun, 10/25/09 9:34 AM (permalink)
                      Seinfeld rocks! What's you think of the "Reunion" episode of Curb Your Enthusiam? What's your favorite Seinfeld episode that....wait......http://www.roadfood.com/F...582&mpage=1#548582

improviser

• Total Posts: 865
                        Re:Black Taco Tue, 10/27/09 10:41 AM (permalink)
                        I had one of these the other week. It's nothing special or even very good. The black taco shell aside, the only thing different I noticed was the two colors of cheese.

Taco Bell's good in a pinch, or when you're flat broke. I might be eating there quite a bit this coming week, once car repairs KO my funds.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                          Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 42 of 42

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                          • No New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                          • Locked w/ New Messages
                          • Locked w/o New Messages
                          • Read Message
                          • Post New Thread
                          • Reply to message
                          • Post New Poll
                          • Submit Vote
                          • Post reward post
                          • Delete my own posts
                          • Delete my own threads
                          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com