The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Texas Weiners, Newburh Ny, or Newburgh Lunch weiners

tjosephb

• Total Posts: 3
Texas Weiners, Newburh Ny, or Newburgh Lunch weiners Sun, 10/18/09 1:59 PM (permalink)
I am new at this so I will appologize in advance if I am doing this incorrectly.

I previously read a post from someone that was looking for or had the recipe for Texas weiner sauce from the "Texas Lunch" on lower broadway in Newburgh NY.

There still is the Broadway Lunch on upper Broadway but their sauce is just not the same.

If anyone has the original Texas Lunch sauce I would appreciate it as I haven't had their "everything" hot dogs for thirty years. I remember 45 years ago first visitng there with my parents. This was when Newburgh was a real showcase city.
Thanks in advance

MiamiDon

Re:Texas Weiners, Newburh Ny, or Newburgh Lunch weiners Sun, 10/18/09 3:52 PM (permalink)
    It is probably in the Recipes and Cooking Techniques section.  Try a search on Texas over there.

seafarer john

Re:Texas Weiners, Newburh Ny, or Newburgh Lunch weiners Sun, 10/18/09 8:52 PM (permalink)
      The same Greek family that ran the Newburgh Texas Lunch now has a place in Walkill, NY  ( I think it's called Texas Lunch) where they serve up the same sauce as used to be available in Newburgh. Also, Elena's on Broadway in Newburgh has a very nice sauce that is similar to the old Texas Lunch sauce.

The Kingston Dallas Hot Wiener's sauce was published here by an ex-Kingstonian who now lives in Texas. I've made his recipe and it s very very close to the original.

Cheers, John 

seafarer john

Re:Texas Weiners, Newburh Ny, or Newburgh Lunch weiners Sun, 10/18/09 8:52 PM (permalink)
        The same Greek family that ran the Newburgh Texas Lunch now has a place in Walkill, NY  ( I think it's called Texas Lunch) where they serve up the same sauce as used to be available in Newburgh. Also, Elena's on Broadway in Newburgh has a very nice sauce that is similar to the old Texas Lunch sauce.

The Kingston Dallas Hot Wiener's sauce was published here by an ex-Kingstonian who now lives in Texas. I've made his recipe and it s very very close to the original.

Cheers, John 

tdj_tx

• Total Posts: 135
          Re:Texas Weiners, Newburh Ny, or Newburgh Lunch weiners Tue, 11/24/09 9:15 PM (permalink)
          seafarer john

Cheers, John 

Yes it is pretty darn close John, close enough for us since there are no Texas Hot Wiener joints here in central Texas. Here's the link to the original discussion, my recipe starts with post #18 Texas Hot Wiener recipe I have since modified the recipe to include 1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves, it was the last missing ingredient I couldn't identify. BTW I had a couple of Coney Island hotdogs from Wienerschnitzel the other day. Not to bad in a pinch, not as spicy as Texas Hot's but it was edible.
          <message edited by tdj_tx on Tue, 11/24/09 9:19 PM>

seafarer john

Re:Texas Weiners, Newburh Ny, or Newburgh Lunch weiners Wed, 11/25/09 2:38 PM (permalink)
            tjd_tx: I've amended my copy of your recipe to include the thyme. One of these days I'm going to screw up the courage to bring a sample of your sauce up to Dallas Hot Wiener and see what those folks think of it - I just hope they don't throw me out and bar me for life from their joint. I'd die if I couldn't once in a while have a Dallas Hot Wiener.

Cheers, John 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com