The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Orange Beach, AL

Pepper Breath

• Total Posts: 51
Orange Beach, AL Tue, 12/30/03 11:36 PM (permalink)
Going to be in Orange Beach, AL. for a week in February. Anyplace within, say, 20 miles or so that we should be sure to go gastronomic at? Cajun or BBQ especially interesting.

JimInKy

• Total Posts: 599
    RE: Orange Beach, AL Wed, 12/31/03 3:58 AM (permalink)
    Jane and Michael Sterns dining guides, Roadfood and Eat Your Way Across the U.S.A. list a bunch of Mobile restaurants. Be sure to check this Web site under restaurant reviews as there are 9 Alabama reviews, including 5 within a 10 mile radius of Mobile. Search by state so that every reviewed place in Alabama will appear.

The original Dreamland Bar-B-Q is in Tuscaloosa, and many barbeque afficianados consider their pork ribs the best in the country. If you can spare the time and extra miles, you might just want to detour to Tuscaloosa for a once-in-a-lifetime memorable serving of their incomparable ribs. "lleechef", one of our Roadfood members ate at the original place on a recent vacation and raved about them.

Dreamland BBQ has a franchised restaurant in Mobile, but I don't know anything about them.

If I were going to Orange Beach, I would probably do a return visit to Wintzell's Oyster House in Mobile.

Best wishes for a enjoyable trip and fair weather.

Sundancer7

RE: Orange Beach, AL Wed, 12/31/03 5:39 AM (permalink)
      I visited the Dreamland in Mobile and it was super. I was there about 2:00PM on a weekday and the place wa packed. It is a franchise, but they do pit BBQ which is my favorite. They pulled the ribs off the pit and servie them hot with sauce on the side.

I rate them "A". Tasty food, clean and neat decor. Right beside the southbound interstate on the east side.

Paul E. Smith
      Knoxville, TN

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6256
        RE: Orange Beach, AL Wed, 12/31/03 11:14 AM (permalink)
        DREAMLAND!!! Best ribs on the planet!!!! I would drive an entire day to eat Dreamland ribs again, so if you find one in Mobile, GO!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com