Another Hot Dog U Grad in the news

Author
JRPfeff
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2563
2009/12/17 18:20:20 (permalink)

Another Hot Dog U Grad in the news

CSD told me about this place on Sunday. Today the story is front & center in the online Milwaukee paper.  Another proud graduate of Hot Dog University.

The difference between a $30 million yacht and a $3 hot dog isn't a big deal.

At least that's what David Ross, former president of Burger Boat Co., hopes in his new career as a hot dog restaurant owner in Manitowoc.

Saturday, Ross plans to open Dr. Dawg - the first of what could be a chain of Chicago-style hot dog eateries.

It's the latest venture for the entrepreneur widely credited for salvaging Burger Boat from bankruptcy and creating hundreds of jobs at the company's Manitowoc shipyard.

A Chicago native, Ross is passionate about hot dogs sold on the city's streets.

"I found that I became particularly aware of every nuance and detail that separated the good from the really great stands. I have my favorite places that I go to every time I visit Chicago. I will hit one, two or three of them depending on how long I stay."

His test marketing in Manitowoc, and a course in hot dog business management, led Ross to create Dr. Dawg.

The dog wagon had developed a cult-like following, with regular customers called the "Dawg Squad."

17 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1