Fat Jack's (Monona WI)

Author
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5099
2010/01/02 20:52:55 (permalink)

Fat Jack's (Monona WI)

A couple of Tuesdays ago we had a restaurant certificate for Fat Jack's in Monona and I had a roll of film to finish, so I figured what the heck.

For at least 20 years Tuesdays and Thursdays have been nights for all-you-can-eat chicken and spare ribs.  The price now is $11.95 and when we first moved up here I think it was either $8.95 or $9.95...still an outstanding deal IMO.  Then again, maybe if they charged a little more they could fix the sign.

There are booths and tables, lots of natural wood, and plenty of Wisconsin-related memorabilia.  Too bad those aren't current prices!

Potato wedges, beans, toast, and coleslaw round out the order.  Years ago this was just the beginning for me...nowadays I'm lucky if I get through the initial serving and it's been a long time since I ordered seconds.  Doggie bags are OK for the first plate but not on reorders, which is a pretty smart policy.

That pink meat means it's undercooked, right?:wink:  Wish I'd been able to focus this one a little better, though.

Kathy ordered the regular back rib dinner.  FJ's serves back ribs with a sweeter sauce while the spare ribs have a citrus glaze and are dry and crusty in comparison and personally, I prefer them by a long shot...I think I've ordered the backs maybe once over the years.  They also have pulled pork, beef, and even fish on the menu but I go back to the ribs almost every time, unless it's a Lenten Friday.

I'm sure that some form of cold tea is on the menu but I need a beer with barbecue, and Sprecher Black Bavarian from Milwaukee is one of my favorites.

Sometimes the chicken can be a little dry but this night it was just fine.  I honestly don't think I've ever had a bad meal at Fat Jack's although some have been better than others.

Brad

7 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1