CHOWDOWN COUNTDOWN Travel Channel's Latest 'List'!

Author
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15244
2010/01/04 20:17:49 (permalink)

CHOWDOWN COUNTDOWN Travel Channel's Latest 'List'!

I caught about half of the first episode of this "Countdown List" of 101 food places favored by the Travel Channel 'raters'. It is a fairly fast moving show with a wide variety of food-types intermixed in the ratings. They start at Number 101 and do about 20 locations in each program. This means a rather short clip for each place as the Travel Channel does use a LOT of commercials and self-plugs in their schedule.

I did manage to uncover the website clip that gives the top 5 BBQ locations in their survey. You can find it at-

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Chowdown_Countdown

Number 5 on the BBQ list is Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse. I've not been there but have read many good reports about the Upstate versions of this  BBQ Stand.

Number 4 on that BBQ list is our friend Bill Armbrecht  from Mobile, AL and his BRICK PIT BBQ. I am glad to see him getting some of the recognition he deserves.   You can check the film clip on the website for more on this list.

Number 3 is the Memphis BBQ favorite, The Rendezvoux.

Number 2 is Arthur Bryants, in Kansas City.

and they list the Number 1 BBQ place in the country as the Salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood, Texas. I like the Salt Lick, but I don't think I would rate it above several of the other Texas locations like Louis Muellers in Taylor or Blacks, Kreuz, and Smitty's BBQ in Lockhart
post edited by mayor al - 2010/01/04 20:50:51

24 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1