Disappointed at Wentzel's Oyster House Restaurant

Author
SassyGritsAL
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1089
2010/01/07 16:13:16 (permalink)

Disappointed at Wentzel's Oyster House Restaurant

Wentzel's Oyster House opened a restaurant in Huntsville, AL (where I live) and me and three other friends went to eat there last Sunday evening.

I ordered the shrimp dinner. It came w/2 sides of which I ordered coleslaw and a baked potato. The coleslaw was the only part of the dinner I liked. The plate came w/8 small heavy battered shrimp and a mealy baked potato. I don't like cocktail sauce so I ordered a side order of garlic butter sauce. It came in a very small bowl and wasn't even enough to coat the eight shrimp. The waitress first forgot my baked potato and had to bring it out later and then the hushpuppies were missing. She brought me out 2 hushpuppies that were about the size of a nicked and were dried up and very crisp (we who all got hushpuppies were unable to eat them and asked for a fresh order and they were the same). My bill w/tea was $21.68 and I was charged $2.00 for the side order of garlic butter sauce.

Don't get we wrong please, I don't mind paying for good food but this wasn't good food. I had heard so much about Wentzel's and was so looking forward to enjoying good seafood and to be honest with you I enjoy the food at Red Lobster better.

My other three friends were disappointed too. One ordered the same thing I did and didn't like hers either and my other friend ordered fried oysters and asked that they not be well done and they came out very crispy. My other fried ordered a sampler platter that came w/flounder, shrimp, fried oysters and crab claws. She shared some of her crab claws w/me and they were so tiny that several of them were just batter w/no claws in them at all.

Don't know if I will give them another try. Has any one else eat at Wentzel's and what is your opinion?

40 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1