Any Roadfood-type restaurants in Myrtle Beach and southeastern NC?

Author
carolina bob
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3420
2010/01/15 22:03:22 (permalink)

Any Roadfood-type restaurants in Myrtle Beach and southeastern NC?

Next month I'm driving down to Charleston SC for this year's gathering of the Roadfood Presidents Day Glee Club group. I'll be taking a rather unorthodox route from the Chicago area to the Palmetto State, passing through Kansas City, Oklahoma City, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Houston, New Orleans, Birmingham and Atlanta ( I just might find two or three Roadfood restaurants on this route, huh?  ) After the festivities in Charleston are over, I'll be heading north through Myrtle Beach SC and Wilmington NC before turning westward towards home. I've checked the restaurant reviews on this website as well as all of the Stern-authored books that I own, and, other than Big Nell's in Ocean Beach NC ( still in business? ), I can't find any Roadfood-reviewed eateries along this stretch of US 17. Does anyone have any suggestions for food on this oceanfront route? I'm not a seafood fan, nor am I wild about ethnic cuisines, so what I'm looking for would be worthy stops for fried chicken, 'que, burgers, and traditional comfort food like meatloaf, pot roast and such. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

14 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1