The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

 Country bob"s

Author Message
stridge

  • Total Posts: 63
  • Joined: 1/1/2004
  • Location: danville, IL
Country bob"s Fri, 01/9/04 12:20 PM (permalink)
I kind of like a regional sauce, Country Bob's all purpose sauce.
It's like souped up Catsup,but has a zing to it.
 
#1
    tiki

    • Total Posts: 4135
    • Joined: 7/7/2003
    • Location: Rentiesville, OK
    RE: Country bob"s Fri, 01/9/04 12:46 PM (permalink)
    stridge--exactly which region is that?---i'm a big fan of "souped up catsup--make my own all time-and would like to give it a try if i knew where to find it.
     
    #2
      6star

      • Total Posts: 4388
      • Joined: 1/28/2004
      • Location: West Peoria, IL
      RE: Country bob"s Thu, 02/5/04 10:14 PM (permalink)
      Country Bob's is mainly Midwest.....It is made in Centralia, IL. I had my first taste of it in Branson, MO, where they have it instead of catsup in many restaurants. Their All Purpose Sauce (the most common one of several varieties) is primarily catsup & Worcestershire Sauce with added spices. I use it primarily on pork (chops, steaks, etc.) the way most people use A-1 sauce on beef, though it is good for flavor switch instead of catsup in meatloaf. Their website is at http://www.countrybobs.com/ and you can search for your nearest retailer or order some off the site. Our Wal-Mart SuperStores handle it along with most other grocers, but we do live in Illinois.
       
      #3
        improviser

        • Total Posts: 865
        • Joined: 7/3/2003
        • Location: Clemson, SC
        RE: Country bob"s Thu, 02/5/04 10:22 PM (permalink)
        I just discovered a bottle of this in our pantry. I live in SC so the market isn't just in the Midwest. I'll try it out the next time I have steak...with my money woes, that should be sometime in 2013.
         
        #4
          tiki

          • Total Posts: 4135
          • Joined: 7/7/2003
          • Location: Rentiesville, OK
          RE: Country bob"s Thu, 02/5/04 10:32 PM (permalink)
          Thanks 6star---got a drummer buddy that plays Branson alot--will have him pick me up some and give it a try.
           
          #5
            JimInKy

            • Total Posts: 599
            • Joined: 11/29/2000
            • Location: Lexington, KY
            RE: Country bob"s Fri, 02/6/04 3:07 AM (permalink)
            I'll be looking for this one, too. Thanks for mentioning it.

            I spike my ketchup with Tabasco brand pepper sauce at the table. Great with fries and fried okra.
             
            #6
              tiki

              • Total Posts: 4135
              • Joined: 7/7/2003
              • Location: Rentiesville, OK
              RE: Country bob"s Fri, 02/6/04 6:23 AM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by JimInKy

              I'll be looking for this one, too. Thanks for mentioning it.

              I spike my ketchup with Tabasco brand pepper sauce at the table. Great with fries and fried okra.



              Me too---been doin it for yrs! Did you know that they now have a Tabasco ketchup on themshelves at the grocery store?
               
              #7
                tiki

                • Total Posts: 4135
                • Joined: 7/7/2003
                • Location: Rentiesville, OK
                RE: Country bob"s Fri, 02/6/04 6:24 AM (permalink)
                6star---what other varities do they sell?
                 
                #8
                  Bushie

                  • Total Posts: 2902
                  • Joined: 4/21/2001
                  • Location: Round Rock, TX
                  RE: Country bob"s Fri, 02/6/04 8:53 AM (permalink)
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by improviser

                  I just discovered a bottle of this in our pantry. I live in SC so the market isn't just in the Midwest. I'll try it out the next time I have steak...with my money woes, that should be sometime in 2013.

                  Improvise, my man!

                  stridge and 6star, thanks for the tip and the link. tiki and Jim, according to the website, all the Walmart Supercenters down here carry it, so I suspect they do in your areas, also. I'm gonna look for some this weekend.
                   
                  #9
                    UncleVic

                    • Total Posts: 6025
                    • Joined: 10/14/2003
                    • Location: West Palm Beach, FL
                    • Roadfood Insider
                    RE: Country bob"s Fri, 02/6/04 11:29 AM (permalink)
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by 6star

                    Country Bob's is mainly Midwest.....It is made in Centralia, IL. I had my first taste of it in Branson, MO, where they have it instead of catsup in many restaurants. Their All Purpose Sauce (the most common one of several varieties) is primarily catsup & Worcestershire Sauce with added spices. I use it primarily on pork (chops, steaks, etc.) the way most people use A-1 sauce on beef, though it is good for flavor switch instead of catsup in meatloaf. Their website is at http://www.countrybobs.com/ and you can search for your nearest retailer or order some off the site. Our Wal-Mart SuperStores handle it along with most other grocers, but we do live in Illinois.


                    Good Deal on the link! Visited their site and you can receive a coupon for a free bottle from them. (Found it looking up their retail locations).
                     
                    #10
                      chicagostyledog

                      • Total Posts: 3219
                      • Joined: 9/10/2003
                      • Location: Hot Dog University Chicago, IL
                      RE: Country bob"s Fri, 02/6/04 12:47 PM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by clothier

                      sounds kind of like Brooks spicy ketchup.

                      Hmm, on second thought, since i haven't seen Brooks for awhile, does any one know if Brooks is still around?


                      Brooks is owned by Bird's Eye and manufactured in Canada. It's available at Woodman's in Wisconsin and Meijer's in Michigan.
                       
                      #11
                        tiki

                        • Total Posts: 4135
                        • Joined: 7/7/2003
                        • Location: Rentiesville, OK
                        RE: Country bob"s Fri, 02/6/04 2:01 PM (permalink)
                        Thanks Bushie--willl look at the local Walmart Superstore here next trip over there.
                         
                        #12
                          6star

                          • Total Posts: 4388
                          • Joined: 1/28/2004
                          • Location: West Peoria, IL
                          RE: Country bob"s Fri, 02/6/04 9:28 PM (permalink)
                          quote:
                          Originally posted by tiki

                          6star---what other varities do they sell?


                          They have their All Purpose Sauce, Spicy Hot All Purpose Sauce, Bar B Que Sauce, and Seasoning Salt, but the original All Purpose is what you see mostly in stores.
                           
                          #13
                            Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

                            Jump to:

                            Current active users

                            There are 0 members and 1 guests.

                            Icon Legend and Permission

                            • New Messages
                            • No New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                            • Read Message
                            • Post New Thread
                            • Reply to message
                            • Post New Poll
                            • Submit Vote
                            • Post reward post
                            • Delete my own posts
                            • Delete my own threads
                            • Rate post

                            2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com