The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Big Mac Snack Wrap

tmiles

• Total Posts: 1910
Big Mac Snack Wrap Mon, 02/1/10 10:24 AM (permalink)
I respond to TV ads. I know that advertisers only target guys like me in our late 50s to mid 60s for E.D. products, but we do buy other things. In a recent example, I was sucked in by the Big Mac Snack Wrap ads. I know that the target was younger, cooler folks, but they caught me too. I stopped by the local McD just after noon on a week day. I asked for a Big Mac Snack Wrap and was asked "Crispy?". I responded with surprise, and the girl told me about the chicken wraps. After a time she said, "OH!, the Big Mac Wrap!!". (she was very nice). She ordered it and it was made especially for me. I asked if they sold many, and she said, "Almost none". It wasn't bad, but I don't think it will be around for long. 

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
    Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Mon, 02/1/10 3:01 PM (permalink)
    well, it probably doesn't help them that they're selling the Big Mac for $2.

mar52

• Total Posts: 7608
      Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Mon, 02/1/10 5:09 PM (permalink)
      I was wondering when this thread would start.

I don't want special stuff and pickles anywhere near a tortilla.  It just sounds so wrong.

Lindseyup67

• Total Posts: 175
        Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Mon, 02/1/10 7:16 PM (permalink)
        I have 3 fee Big mac snack rap coupons........gonna try them.........only because they are free! Don't anticipate them being that good, though! But I AM the freebie queen!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17848
          Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Mon, 02/1/10 8:01 PM (permalink)
          mar52

I don't want special stuff and pickles anywhere near a tortilla.  It just sounds so wrong.

I'm just guessing, of course, but you can probably order it without pickles or sauce, just as you can special order amy burger they have.

felix4067

• Total Posts: 3304
            Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Mon, 02/1/10 8:21 PM (permalink)
            My problem is having a burger patty in a wrap.  It has nothing whatsoever to do with how it might taste, but the mixture of textures involved in it are simply not appealing to me.  If it was ground beef, more like a Big Mac burrito if you will, that might be OK.  But as it stands, not so much.

And since when do they sell Big Macs for two dollars?

mar52

• Total Posts: 7608
              Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Mon, 02/1/10 11:58 PM (permalink)

I'm just guessing, of course, but you can probably order it without pickles or sauce, just as you can special order amy burger they have.

I never thought of that.  I'd also have to tell them to hold the 2 all beef patties and heat up the raw tortilla.

Waiting to hear from the experimenters.

sk bob

• Total Posts: 1801
                Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Tue, 02/2/10 8:01 AM (permalink)
                there is only one burger patty per wrap.
                they're not bad, a little skimpy on the contents though.
                the wrap is the right amount of bread for it.
                I'd like to see them make a Big Mac with 2 1/4 lb. patties, now that would be a BIG MAC.

John A

• Total Posts: 4295
                  Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Tue, 02/2/10 8:58 AM (permalink)
                  I thought it was pretty skimpy. A double cheeseburger with big mac sauce and lettuce added costs less.

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4486
                    Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Tue, 02/2/10 9:01 AM (permalink)
                    John, I thought all you ate was steak......

MiamiDon

Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Tue, 02/2/10 9:34 AM (permalink)
                      sk bob

I'd like to see them make a Big Mac with 2 1/4 lb. patties, now that would be a BIG MAC.

The burger patties in the Hamburger, Cheeseburger, McDouble, Double-Cheeseburger, Big Mac Snack Wrap and Big Mac are all the same: 1.6 oz. (tenth-pound).

I suppose one could order a Double-Quarter-Pounder with Cheese and ask for lettuce and Mac Sauce.

wheregreggeats.com

Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Tue, 02/2/10 9:38 AM (permalink)
                        I had one.  It was just one paddy.  Tasted pretty good and did not give the otherwise familiar McStomach feeling after ... Perhaps next time, two.

Along with the McMuffin, the best thing in the place.

Niagara

• Total Posts: 983
                          Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Tue, 02/2/10 1:49 PM (permalink)
                          I tried one recently - one meat patty and some lettuce sauce & cheese wrapped in a dry cardboard tortilla-like substance.  It sucked.

AndreaB

• Total Posts: 1303
                            Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Tue, 02/2/10 1:50 PM (permalink)
                            I haven't seen the Big Mac for $2.  Here they are around $3.59 so I've been making them at home when I want one. 

Where can one find the free Big Mac Snack Wrap coupons?  I'd try one if it was free.

Andrea

PapaJoe8

• Total Posts: 5504
                              Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Tue, 02/2/10 4:25 PM (permalink)
                              Hmmm, sounds like I might need to try one just to clear things up. Although... like all chain stuff, it might be good at one place and not at the other. I'll try one and report. Sorry... no pictures though. :~(
                              Joe

IntelligentT82

• Total Posts: 125
                                Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Tue, 02/2/10 7:53 PM (permalink)
                                I love how the Big Mac Snack Wraps taste *guilty as charged*.  I love the part in the commercial when the guy says "you're so crazy" looking at the snack wrap...then he says "crazy delicious" and chews into it. lol  You know what I would really like though...for McDonalds to take the same kind of steak they use for breakfast and make a A1 Steak Snack Wrap or a Chipotle BBQ Steak Snack Wrap for the lunch menu. mmm let me stop

badbyron722

• Total Posts: 307
                                  Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Tue, 02/2/10 8:45 PM (permalink)
                                  This has to be on a Top 10 list of worlds worse  BAD Food ideas of all time.Im just surprised they didnt market it as "Healthy".

Eatallday

• Total Posts: 76
                                    Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Tue, 02/2/10 9:17 PM (permalink)
                                    sk bob

i order a big mac, and a double hamburger plain.  take the patties from the double hamburger, throw em in the mac, and it's just about a half pound. only thing is there's not enough toppings this way.  tried the mac wrap, way too skimp on the toppings.  it was dry
                                    <message edited by Eatallday on Tue, 02/2/10 9:19 PM>

NYPIzzaNut

• Total Posts: 3127
                                      Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Tue, 02/2/10 9:50 PM (permalink)
                                      Why go to all that trouble ?

Eatallday

• Total Posts: 76
                                        Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Tue, 02/2/10 11:45 PM (permalink)
                                        who me?  nah, it's not much trouble man.  it's gotta be done, if u eat a big mac as it is the ratio of bread to meat just makes it not worth it.

tmiles

• Total Posts: 1910
                                          Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Wed, 02/3/10 11:16 AM (permalink)
                                          Scorereader

well, it probably doesn't help them that they're selling the Big Mac for $2.

They have not got that deal in my area, but they do have the McDouble for a buck (the old double cb with just one slice of cheese). A couple of hundred ft down the road, BK is offering the 1/4 lb dbl cb for a buck, or depending on the day of the week a diff sandwich each day at 2 for $4. I expect that McD is trying to come up with something new and exciting with better margins. Lots of folks are only buying the bargains.

claracamille

• Total Posts: 414
                                            Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Sun, 02/7/10 10:24 AM (permalink)
                                            I tried the Big Mac wrap because I had a coupon for a free one.  I didn't like it at all-wrap was dry, small beef pattie, very little sauce,lots of lettuce that fell out all over the place.  Give me a regular Big Mac.

Has anyone noticed how McDonald's meal prices have been getting higher & higher?  I come to work at 5am & Mcdonalds is the only fast food place that is open that  early.  I try to stay lowcarb in the morning so I get a sausage egg mcmuffin meal with a coffee(i do like McDonald's coffee).  I eat the sausage & egg & give to muffin & hash brown to mmy fellow early worker.

From this past summer the price of the meal has gone from $3.62 to now $4.37.  I am so angry, but have no other choice.  I don't want to have to get up extra early to make my own breakfast & coffee.  Also, the McDouble is smaller that the double cheeseburger.  I now go to Burger King to get double cheese burgers at $1 each, take away teh bun & just eat the burger & cheese.

felix4067

• Total Posts: 3304
                                              Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Sun, 02/7/10 2:19 PM (permalink)
                                              If you're wanting breakfast in the morning, there are a TON of recipes you can make ahead and freeze, then microwave in a couple of minutes.  Faster, healthier, and cheaper than fast food breakfast.

MiamiDon

Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Thu, 02/11/10 9:34 AM (permalink)
                                                I had the coupon, and got a Big Mac Snack Wrap to go the other day.

It was... peculiar.  I used to eat a lot of Big Macs, and enjoyed them as a fast, inexpensive, guilty pleasure.  With the Snack Wrap, one gets different flavors with each bite, because it is not stacked up like in the version in a bun.  One bite it's pickles, next sauce, next onion, etc.

ShenB

• Total Posts: 129
                                                  Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Sat, 02/27/10 1:46 AM (permalink)
                                                  How about Mc'Donalds comming out with a "Junior Mac" instead of a snack wrap and price it at a buck!
                                                    A single patty cheeseburger with Mac sauce, lettuce, pickles & onions.
                                                  It works for B/K with their "Whopper Jr.

Navy_Brat913

• Total Posts: 179
                                                    Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Tue, 03/9/10 9:02 PM (permalink)
                                                    I tried it, it was ok.  Not dry, not great, just decent.  I am not huge on Big Mac's, have maybe 2 a year, but the one I had was reminiscent of a big mac without missing the 2 patties and too much bread and cheese.  It had enough dressing, and I felt I got what I deserved, a lower calorie version of it for $1.49.  For someone who loves big macs but is watching calories, I feel this would work well.

enAlice

• Total Posts: 4
                                                      Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Tue, 03/16/10 4:03 PM (permalink)
                                                      mar52

What's wrong with pickles on a tortilla? In my house we tend to eat our brats/sausages on a tortilla and sometimes you just need a pickle.

IntelligentT82

• Total Posts: 125
                                                        • Location: Alexandria, VA
                                                        Re:Big Mac Snack Wrap Tue, 03/16/10 5:46 PM (permalink)
                                                        enAlice

mar52

What's wrong with pickles on a tortilla? In my house we tend to eat our brats/sausages on a tortilla and sometimes you just need a pickle.

The pickles are needed in the Big Mac Snack Wrap.  If I ordered one and they didn't give me pickles, I'd be P.I.S.S.E.D. lol    So I agree with enalice

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                          • No New Messages
                                                          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                          • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                          • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                          • Read Message
                                                          • Post New Thread
                                                          • Reply to message
                                                          • Post New Poll
                                                          • Submit Vote
                                                          • Post reward post
                                                          • Delete my own posts
                                                          • Delete my own threads
                                                          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com