The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

BLT in Key West

snarkle_pants

• Total Posts: 10
BLT in Key West Wed, 02/10/10 9:55 PM (permalink)
After my bizillionth BLTA sandwich from Cole's Peace Bakery in Key West, I'm ready to admit my addiction. Usually a brown bagger, I splurge once a week on this amazing sandwich. Here's their description:
What can you do to make a good sandwich even better?  Start with the freshest ingredients, like our locally-sourced Tomato, Lettuce and Avocado.  Add top-quality bacon and mayonnaise and serve it on Cole's Peace White Toast. That's our BLTA. Fresh, Simple and Delicoius.

I'll have to find out what brand of bacon they're using. It's smoky and thick, but not too thick to eat in a sandwich. And the mayo is just right, too.

Cole's Peace is located at 1111 Eaton Street (near White Street) adjacent to the Restaurant Store. They have a deep menu of great sandwiches. Here's today's specials (it's a chilly day by Key West standards):
Boar Sausage w/smoked apples, carmelized onions, goat cheese and arugula on Ciabatta....Hot Roast Beast, Cheddar, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion & Dijonaise on Baguette
(Note: only sandwich not recommended is the Mediterranean Mix)

We're so fortunate in this smallish outpost to even have a real bakery. My 3 yr old can't get enough of their Cinnamon Raisin Pan Bread--he asks, "Mom, can I have a piece of my FAVORITE food, please?" He's becoming a little RoadFoodie!
Here's their website:
Anne

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com