The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

I cheated at wings, but...

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
I cheated at wings, but... Mon, 02/22/10 11:35 AM (permalink)
Ok, so here' what happened: it was the day before the Superbowl. I knew I wanted to make wings, but there was a glitch, I had a concert scheduled for that Sunday (of course, in the end, everything was snowed out anyways - but I'm getting ahead of myself) - where was I? oh yes, I wanted to make my famous wings but didn't have the time since I had a concert scheduled for 3pm. So, I...um, well, I'll say it, I bought Tysons Buffalo Wings.

To make myself feel less like a poser, I still made my sauce consisting of the three basics: Franks Red Hot, Butter, tobasco.

Well, the wings were a nice size. Big and meaty. I chose to bake them per the directions and found I needed to bake them longer and then give 'em a quick broil.

They are pre-sauced and theoretically need no additional sauce. But, after cooking there wasn't much sauce left (can't imagine there'd be any left if deep fried) But the sauce had gotten inside the meat, and it is hot and pretty close to the right flavor. Luckily I had prepared my own sauce and it was, overal,l hotter than I usually make, but quite good.

The big "however" is, I thought I was saving time, but ended up cooking them for almost as long as usual and still made my own sauce. For the price tag, it wasn't worth it. I should've bought fresh and waited for halftime to eat.

I bought two bags, expecting company, but the weather fouled that up too. So, I made only 1 bag then, and then was forced to cheat once again yesterday, while watching Olympic hockey.

I don't know how to feel about the fact that they came out great and tasted spot on "buffalo." (with the addition of my sauce, of course) I guess there really is a time and a place for cheating, er um, shortcuts.

Do I lose my Upstate NY card for that?

<message edited by Scorereader on Mon, 02/22/10 11:59 AM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com