Pork Chops - Two Extremes

Author
JRPfeff
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2767
2010/03/03 21:55:19 (permalink)

Pork Chops - Two Extremes

I thought I'd share pictures of a couple meals from last week's vacation.

On Monday we spent the day in Progresso on Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula.  After a tour of Mayan ruins, we had lunch at a place on the beach recommended by our tour guide.  Sorry, but I don't remember the name of the place.

I ordered the Yucatan Style Pork Chop.  It looked like this.

I've never seen a pork chop that looks like that before.  It was good and even tasted like pork.  Although I left a lot of gristle and fat on the plate.

We returned to New Orleans on Thursday and had dinner at Broussard's.  I had scanned the online menu and had zeroed in on their pork chop.
BERKSHIRE PORK CHOP
Grilled on celeriac puree’ with Caramelized Apple Chutney, Beurre Blanc and Port Wine chile sauce

It was dark in the restaurant, so when the chop was served I thought the pork was piled on the celeriac puree.  Nope, that was all pork.  It was between 2 and 3 inches thick (thicker in back).

This was the best pork chop I have ever eaten.  Charred on the outside and a juicy medium inside, with a really good seasoning and sauce.  I ate every bit of it that I could without picking up the bone with my hands.

Hard to believe that these come from the same animal.  But both were very tasty.

One question: Does dog taste like pork?

14 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1