Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Seventeen states in thirteen days

Change Page: << < ..11 | Showing page 11 of 11, messages 301 to 304 of 304
tcrouzer

• Total Posts: 430
Re:Seventeen states in thirteen days Sun, 05/23/10 9:34 AM (permalink)
Terrific report, Bob! I have enjoyed all ten pages of it and look forward to your next reports. I enjoy your enthusiasm for the places and sights on your trips that reflect your own personal interests.

Have to agree with you about Stamey's in G'boro; it is just o.k. IMHO.  If I want a quick BBQ pork sandwich or plate, I will drive-thru our local Hursey's. But if I want a real BBQ experience, I will drive over an hour to Lexington #1 or the BBQ Center also in Lexington (only if I have been "Travelin' Manned" at #1).

Teresa

tedlovesdogs

• Total Posts: 64
    Re:Seventeen states in thirteen days Tue, 06/1/10 12:09 AM (permalink)
    OK, so I'm a little late to the party, but from your post Bob, that seems to be in fashion. Fantastic report--thank you very much! I appreciate not only your original roadfood critique, but also your appreciation for our country's history. Your question of 'What's wrong with people these days?' is right-on, but it seems you find a lot of good souls on America's forgotten byways.

Thanks for introducing me to all these great Roadfood possibilities; makes my crazy idea for a cross-country drive across the US and back this summer or fall have that much more meaning.

Lastly (well, no, not last), thanks for all the time, energy, and patience it must have taken to complete it. Obviously, many of us are grateful!

Now, my real last question is: What camera are you using? Seems like you got great pictures indoors and out, under all kinds of lighting conditions. Very impressive, and as others have said, the pics really complimented your running commentary!

carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
      Re:Seventeen states in thirteen days Tue, 06/1/10 1:24 AM (permalink)
      Thanks again to everyone for the kind words. My camera is a Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS which I bought about a year ago. For the most part I've been very pleased with it.

tedlovesdogs

• Total Posts: 64
        Re:Seventeen states in thirteen days Tue, 06/1/10 9:33 PM (permalink)
        Thanks Bob!

I'm considering a new camera and thought your pics were great. Only thing that concerns me with the PowerShots is that many people say they're not-so-great for action photos. We have a little (!) maybe pocket-beagle / Italian greyhound mix (stray, rescue, and she ain't talkin'). But she's fast and we want to be able to get pictures of her...as well as all our roadfood.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
          Change Page: << < ..11 | Showing page 11 of 11, messages 301 to 304 of 304

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com