The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Our Stop At Super Duper Weenie..with Pictures

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6067
Our Stop At Super Duper Weenie..with Pictures Tue, 03/23/10 3:32 PM (permalink)
On our recent trip to Cambridge, Mass, we finally got to stop at Super Duper Weenie in Fairfield Connecticut to give the hot dogs a try.

Well,it sure didn't disappoint...the place is small and very roadfood....but on a sunday afternoon, the place was jammed...and a small room with picnic tables where you get to sit and eat was crowded(apparently they do a steady take out business!

It was so busy, you have to wait for a parking spot.....

It took a while to place our order...and about a 10 minute wait to get our dogs, home cut french fries and drinks.Everything is homemade here...all relishes, chili etc...and all delicious!!
   Here's a great photo of my Dixie dog...homemade slaw and chili and all....this was great!!!

We also had a great New York dog...check it out.....you can also see those great homemade fries in the picture......

The last variety dog we sampled was a very tasty Chicago Dog......

Still,even looking at these pictures again...it's so hard to decide my favorite...even after two of those Dixie dogs...we missed so many types, I wish they had a sampler.......next time we'll try the rest...

It's so easy to find the place...Exit 24 on I95 in Fairfield Conn. We'll be back, Those of you lucky enough to have  made the pilgimage, what did you think? What was your favorite dog??

This is only the second time I've tried to post pictures...hope you enjoyed viewing them as much as I enjoyed eating them...
                                                                                                                                                 Lee  (leethebard)
<message edited by leethebard on Tue, 03/23/10 3:50 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com