Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010

Change Page: 12345678 > | Showing page 1 of 8, messages 1 to 30 of 228
BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4086
Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Mon, 04/5/10 2:26 PM (permalink)
After taking a year off (well, mostly.  I did one trip to the Twin Cities because our distributor up there begged me to come) we’re hitting the road again in 2010!  We had such an intense schedule in 2008, it took me several months to fully recover from the near exhaustion of being on the road.  I decided to take the summer off and just relax a little bit; spending time with family and friends.  While I did enjoy my summer like a real person, our sales took a small hit due to the lack of demos, plus I felt a sense of responsibility to show support for our distributors by going into the stores for personal appearances.  Plus, I missed seeing so many of our Roadfood friends that we’ve made over the few past years.  So, here we go again, albeit on a greatly reduced schedule.

Whereas in the past we would travel the Midwest as many as eleven weekends throughout the summer, and spend just as many, if not more weekends running up to Milwaukee from Chicago, this year we’re just doing five trips out of town and five weekends in Milwaukee.  Our schedule looks like this:

April 11th: Milwaukee
April 17th: Milwaukee
April 22nd-25th: Pittsburgh

May 8th: Milwaukee
May 13th-16th: Cleveland

June 12th & 13th: Milwaukee
June 24th-27th: Twin Cities

July 10th & 11th: Milwaukee
July 22nd-25th: Twin Cities

August 14th & 15th: Milwaukee
August 26th-29th: Canton & Columbus, Ohio

As you can see, we structure our demo schedule around the cities where we have the best chance of meeting our Roadfood friends.  Obviously, we’re hoping to spend time with all of our Contingent friends in Milwaukee.  I’m also counting on seeing Davydd in the Twins, buffetbuster in Pittsburgh (and also for a Friday night pig-out at Sokolowski’s in Cleveland), and, if the gods are good to us, we might even run into Michael Hoffman at the Gahanna Grill when we’re in Columbus.

So, that’s it.  I’ll post specifics for each tour as we approach the dates.  Our store schedule for this Sunday will be posted later this week.

We hope to see as many Roadfooders as possible over the summer.  If you haven’t visited us before, now’s your chance to come out and say hello!

Buddy
<message edited by BuddyRoadhouse on Mon, 04/5/10 2:28 PM>

buffetbuster

Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Mon, 04/5/10 2:51 PM (permalink)
    Glad to see the Roadhouse Tour back!  You will absolutely see me Thursday April 22nd, but I will be out of town the rest of the weekend.  And a Friday dinner at Sokolowski's in Cleveland on May 14 is now also on my calendar.  Looking forward to it!

1bbqboy

• Total Posts: 4542
      Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Mon, 04/5/10 5:38 PM (permalink)
      hey! What happened to my Talent stop?

JRPfeff

• Total Posts: 2376
        Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Mon, 04/5/10 5:51 PM (permalink)
        I think I just found someone to stop in or around Bucyrus, Ohio.

Good to see you back on the road, Buddy Roadhouse.

jrp

p.s.  I saw your sauce for $7.49 a bottle last week.  I didn't buy any at that price.

BuddyRoadhouse

Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Mon, 04/5/10 7:23 PM (permalink)
          Where the heck did you see it selling for $7.49???  They don't get that much in upscale San Francisco markets, even with the extra freight costs added in!

Buddy

cjucoder

• Total Posts: 164
            Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Mon, 04/5/10 7:29 PM (permalink)
            What happens at the store demos? Hopefully lots of tasting for the public? I've never tried your sauces but would very much like to after reading so much about them (I've been a lurker here for a long time before ever bothering to register).

JRPfeff

Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Mon, 04/5/10 8:26 PM (permalink)
              BuddyRoadhouse

Where the heck did you see it selling for $7.49???  They don't get that much in upscale San Francisco markets, even with the extra freight costs added in!

Buddy

I sent you a PM with the store identity.  I wouldn't want to put one of your valuable retailers in a poor light.

Jim

BuddyRoadhouse

Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Mon, 04/5/10 8:36 PM (permalink)
                Jim,

Much obliged.  I overreacted.  For those wondering, the store is more of a specialty/gourmet store which typically charges more for a more "select" line of products.

cj,

You hit the nail on the head.  We line up all four of our sauces and give the public the opportunity to try them without obligation.  Usually the store will cooperate by putting a special sale on the stuff, so if you do decide you'd like to make a purchase, you'll get a nice price.

I'll post the detailed schedule of where we'll be later this week.  If we're not going to be at a location convenient to you, keep watching.  We'll have 16 more Milwaukee area demos throughout the summer.  I'm sure one of them will be in your neighborhood.

Plus, we always try to meet any Contingent folks who are available for dinner when we wrap up for the day!

See ya soon,

Buddy

BuddyRoadhouse

Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Wed, 04/7/10 4:03 PM (permalink)
                  As promised, here is our schedule for this Sunday, April 11th:

DaddyRoadhouse
                  : Sendik's, N112 W15800 Mequon Rd., Germantown, WI
                  BuddyRoadhouse: Piggly Wiggly, W61 N 266 Washington Ave., Cedarburg, WI

We'll start setting up between 11:00am and noon.  I'll wrap up in Cedarburg around 6:00pm, drive down to pick up Dad around 6:30-6:45pm and head out to dinner from there.

Anyone interested in visiting either demo is welcome anytime during the day.  If neither of these stores is in your neighborhood, additional April and May demos are planned for Sendik's stores in Whitefish Bay, Mequon, and Brookfield, also Grasch's in Brookfield.  There will be plenty more demos throughout the summer scattered all over the Milwaukee metro area.

Anyone interested in joining us for dinner afterward can meet us at the Germantown Sendik's at 6:45pm, or we can prearrange where we want to meet.  We'll go anywhere as long as it's on the way home to Chicago.

Hope to see you this Sunday,

Buddy

X1

• Total Posts: 937
                    Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Wed, 04/7/10 4:20 PM (permalink)
                    Keep me posted.

I'll try to think of places to eat.

quijote

• Total Posts: 644
                      Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Wed, 04/7/10 9:03 PM (permalink)
                      Yay, the tour is on! I won't be around MKE for a couple of the dates in the summer, and I'm likely out of town on May 8, but I expect to be around on the April dates and maybe one of the summer visits.

I live just down the road from Sendiks Mequon, so I hope to stop by when you demo there. I also hope to stop by at the Cedarburg and/or Gtown demos.

Planners, please keep me in the loop for the dinners. Ozaukee County has a lot of restaurants, but not many I've been to are Roadfood worthy. Otherwise, there are always plenty of places down the road in Milwaukee Co.  Maria's Pizza, as MFL suggested, is fun. Serbian is always a good option, as is Polonez or Krokus. I've heard the Calderone Club downtown is good, and it seems like new Vietnamese places are spring up like dandelions.

quijote

Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Wed, 04/7/10 9:49 PM (permalink)
                        Buddy, you may have looked already, but the Kopps lineup for your April visits looks good:

April 11:

Imperial Torte
                        Cookies 'n' Cream

April 17:

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
                        Pralines, Caramel 'n' Cream

I'm not a big fan of cookies and cookie dough in custard and ice cream, but I've heard the once-a-year Imperial Torte is good (caramel, rum, nougat, pastry crust, chocolate flakes), and Pralines are always a good thing.

Just figured I'd throw in the "custard factor" for ya....

BuddyRoadhouse

Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Wed, 04/7/10 10:50 PM (permalink)
                          Both days look good, but I know Dad will be partial to April 17th when Pralines, Caramel 'n' Cream are featured.  It just so happens that's abe froeman's birthday and I think she's planning to meet us (along with other members of the family) after we get finished demoing.  I'll bet hard currency that she will be wanting to stop at Kopp's as part of the evening.

Buddy

X1

Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Thu, 04/8/10 7:46 AM (permalink)
                            Right by the 76th Street Kopp's is a Chinese restaurant that's been around forever, but suffered a fire. It recently re-opened, and the food is awesome. It's called Lychee Gardens.

Also not too far, in the charming Village of Greendale (as long as we're on the pizza subject), is my personal long-time favorite pizza, Ricardo's. Across the street is the award-winning Ferch's Malt Shop, an old-fashioned malt shop that also features cold-stone ice cream (they offer "a million flavors").

And, of course, Fortune and the Hideaway are always favorite choices, as is Wegner's St. Martin's Inn.

stricken_detective

• Total Posts: 2330
                              Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Thu, 04/8/10 1:21 PM (permalink)
                              I'm in. Chinese sounds good, but so does pizza.

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4737
                                Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Thu, 04/8/10 3:20 PM (permalink)
                                Which Roadhouse sauce would you use for each?

Brad

BuddyRoadhouse

Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Thu, 04/8/10 3:24 PM (permalink)
                                  Any of those sounds doable.  Dad will probably be partial to Chinese.  And anything close to Kopp's sounds good to me.

Buddy

buffetbuster

Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Thu, 04/8/10 3:53 PM (permalink)
                                    So Buddy, do you want to hit Tessaro's on Thursday night (April 22) or do you have something else in mind?

BuddyRoadhouse

Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Thu, 04/8/10 7:19 PM (permalink)
                                      Tessaro's should be good.  We'll also hit Fathead's and maybe Larry's Roadhouse.  I'd welcome any other recommendations.

Also, at this point I'm still waiting for a firm demo schedule from my distributor's sales reps, so I'm hoping we'll even make this trip.

Buddy

stricken_detective

Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Fri, 04/9/10 1:43 AM (permalink)
                                        Brad_Olson

Which Roadhouse sauce would you use for each?

Brad

Southern Sunset for the former, Hot & Spicy for the latter.

stricken_detective

Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Sat, 04/10/10 10:47 PM (permalink)
                                          So Lychee Gardens tomorrow night then Kopp's? Inquiring minds want to know.

MikeS.

• Total Posts: 5360
                                            • Roadfood Insider
                                            Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Sat, 04/10/10 11:03 PM (permalink)
                                            Buddy and BB, I'll keep an eye on this thread. I need to get outof town and Pittsburg is doable in a day. 4/22 would work great for me.

MikeS.

quijote

Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Sun, 04/11/10 1:12 AM (permalink)
                                              stricken_detective

So Lychee Gardens tomorrow night then Kopp's? Inquiring minds want to know.

Same here.... Not sure I'll have 'net access after 3:00 pm, so will check in before then to see if anything's been settled.

BuddyRoadhouse

Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Sun, 04/11/10 1:45 AM (permalink)
                                                Sorry folks, been incommunicado all day-working at Burt's.  This is the late night check in before bedtime.

If X1 says Lychee Gardens is "awesome" that's good enough for me.  Add a nearby stop at Kopp's into the mix and that seals the deal.  As indicated above, I'll pick up Dad around 6:45pm in Germantown.  We should be able to meet everyone at the restaurant by about 7:15, I would think.

If there's a change in plans, X1 has my cellphone number.  You can reach me around the time I pick up Dad and we can alter the plans at that point.

I'll check this thread one last time before we leave Chicago, about 9:30am on Sunday.

See y'all real soon,

Buddy

X1

• Location: Milwaukee, WI (Ex-NOLA)
                                                  Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Sun, 04/11/10 8:55 AM (permalink)
                                                  I've been trying to find Lychee Garden's hours online, and they're not listed anywhere.
                                                  I will call later today to see if they are open, and until when. 
                                                  I'll post here if the hours are no good.
                                                  If you don't hear from me, assume that 7.15 at Lychee Gardens is a go.

(If Lychee Gardens is not open, well...Kopp's *does* have good burgers! And Fortune is not too far away.)

stricken_detective

Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Sun, 04/11/10 1:19 PM (permalink)
                                                    I'm not going to be near a computer the rest of the day so could you text me if 715 @ Lychee is not a go? THANK YOU!!!

cjucoder

• Total Posts: 164
                                                      Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Sun, 04/11/10 2:00 PM (permalink)
                                                      Wish I could join you guys but I can't drive after dark until my new glasses come in about a week from now. Dag Nab It.

X1

Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Sun, 04/11/10 6:27 PM (permalink)
                                                        CJ - bummer. 

Everyone else:

Lychee closes at 8 PM.
                                                        IF we are there no later than 7.15, it probably won't be a problem.
                                                        SD - I already texted you, but you haven't replied. 

I really don't know what to do, as 8 PM is cutting it close, but on the other hand, I don't think it'll be a problem, either. I know they have a buffet, and they may be wanting to shut that down, but I don't order from it, so it's not a big deal for me.
                                                        I've called Buddy, but there's no answer on his cell.

So, this is the plan: I'll be there at 7, and get a table for four (I haven't seen anyone else chime in that they'll be joining us, so 4 it is, unless you post here or call or text me), and order tea and stuff while I wait for the rest of you. 

X1

Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Sun, 04/11/10 6:30 PM (permalink)
                                                          Oh, I see Q might join us, as well.
                                                          I'll make it a table for 5.

JRPfeff

• Location: Pewaukee, WI & Fuquay-Varina, NC
                                                            Re:Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce Summer Tour, 2010 Mon, 04/12/10 5:57 PM (permalink)
                                                            This week's Wine.Woot!

Buddy,

Are you expanding your product offerings?

Jim

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12345678 > | Showing page 1 of 8, messages 1 to 30 of 228

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com