Originally posted by Lone Star
Does anyone have a good recipe for cooking corned beef and cabbage?
Made this for the first time for yesterday's St Paddy's Day party. Everyone said to make this a tradition.
4½ hours 20 min prep
Change to: servings US Metric
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
1 1/3 cups milk
1 medium onion, chopped,sauteed or microwaved til tender
3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
2 (16 ounce) cans sauerkraut, drained
1 (8 ounce) package medium egg noodles, cooked,drained
1 (3 lb) corned beef briskets, cooked,diced or cubed
8 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
3-4 cups rye bread, cubed,tossed in
4 tablespoons melted butter, lightly toasted in oven on cookie sheet (however much you have on hand works just fine)
1. Cook corned beef, cube, set aside.
2. In large bowl, mix together the soups, milk, onion and mustard, set aside.
3. In medium bowl, mix together the drained sauerkraut, brown sugar and caraway seeds, set aside.
4. Cook noodles and drain.
5. In large crock pot or baking dish layer in order:.
6. kraut mixture.
8. soup mixture.
9. corned beef.
11. Bake on low in crock pot for about 3-4 hours til it starts to bubble a little.
12. Top with toasted rye bread cubes, bake about 20-30 minutes longer.
13. *Ifbaking in oven, bake covered at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, top with bread cubes, bake uncovered for about 10-15 minutes longer or til all is hot.