The best and healthiest pizza you bake at home

Author
michaelcarraher
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 160
2010/04/20 16:35:22 (permalink)

The best and healthiest pizza you bake at home

Mom's Bake at Home Pizza is the best pizza I have ever had, period.  They have a few locations around Philly.  The original (and the office) is on Main Street in Manayunk.  "Mom" runs that and she's still behind the counter most days.  Her son operates the store on the Main Line and other family members have some other locations around town.  When mom is trying out new recipes, she often will take samples to some of the nearby shops - especially the Style of Man barber shop where all the "stylists" are very attractive young women. 

Mom had a heart attack a few years ago and since then she has been working on making heart healthy pizza.  All fresh ingredients representing a classic Mediterranean diet (whole grain crusts, virgin olive oil, cheeses and lots of veggies).  Mom puts it all together and does magic things with spices.  My favorites include: The Portabello Special. Spinach Quattro and Mykonos.   I'm partial to Mom's white sauce pies with the extra thin crust.  What Mom sells is nothing like Domino's, Papa John's or even neighborhood places in Brooklyn or New Haven.

And after Mom's people put it together, you take it home and bake it yourself.  No ovens.  No sit-down.  But directions for baking right on the box.  Once you get addicted, Mom will sell you a baking tin but you don't really need it.  She puts the pies on a big sheet of foil in the box and that's all you really need. 

Go see Mom at 4452-54 Main Street in Manayunk (just East of Green Lane).  If the door is locked and you can't see anybody inside, that's the office.  Turn around and cross the street.  Mom is a few doors to your left.

9 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1