New Barbecue Restaurant in Philly Burbs

Author
phlmaestro
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 386
2010/04/26 13:48:15 (permalink)

New Barbecue Restaurant in Philly Burbs

My parents threw a party over the weekend and, as they often do, they took out a large amount of barbecue to feed the guests. They usually go to a place called Abner's in Jenkintown, which is in eastern Mongtomery Country in the northern Philly burbs. Abner's was nothing special and not particularly authentic. But when we stopped to pick up the bbq, I saw that Abner's was no longer Abner's.  It's now Rosey's BBQ, and the people at Rosey's seem to have a much better idea of what they're doing. In the first place, I heard some genuine southern accents behind the counter, so I'm assuming these people have some experience and an idea of what they're doing. They have a very large stand-up box-type of smoker in the back. I tried both their baby-back ribs and chicken and both had a nice smokey flavor. The ribs had an outer crust with a pink smoke-layer right beneath it.

I didn't really try enough to rave about this place. And it was only one experience. But anyone from this area who loves barbecue may want to check it out, especially if they're in the Jenkintown area. Here is their web site: www.roseysbbq.com

9 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1