Mother's Day Meal: Pizzeria Fondi Gig Harbor, WA

Author
Navy_Brat913
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 179
2010/05/12 16:53:38 (permalink)

Mother's Day Meal: Pizzeria Fondi Gig Harbor, WA

It's a small chain, but has anyone else in the NW tried this place?  I grew up in CT, so I know what the best is like, but haven't had it in over 12 years.  My son and I have gone to Fondi in Gig Harbor, Wa 2x now, and it's so much better than I've had in a while.  They tout themselves as providing Neopolitan Pizza.  Their dough is made fresh daily, their mozzarella is also made fresh daily, their tomato sauce is uncooked, and the thin-crust pizza is cooked at temperatures running up to 750 degrees to get the char and quick-cooking.  Note:  I have ONLY had the margherita pizza, we have not tried any of their others YET.   I was very pleased, the tomato sauce and crust are VERY good, the fresh mozzarella was sliced, not grated, and did not COVER the pizza (which I like).  The only downfall to me is that it cools rather rapidly, and fresh mozzarella gets a bit rubbery as it cools.  Oh yeah, and the basil got stuck in my teeth, and it took all I could to not pick it out there at the table, lol!   I plan to get the prosciutto & arugula pizza next, and my 13 year old son wants the Sei (6) cheese pizzaThe website is www.fondi.com.  I tried to attach pics, but am having difficulty with it.

9 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1