Knoxville, TN has finaaly got a good BBQ

Author
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13522
2010/05/15 11:11:16 (permalink)

Knoxville, TN has finaaly got a good BBQ

The top chef in Knoxville has totally refurbished a old Hardee's In Knoxville.  It is so different that you would not recoginize it.  It seats 90 on the inside and 120 on the outside.  He smokes his product on a huge smoker that sets on the outside.  It is a beautiful facility

Roz and I was extremely impressed.  I have been on the Knoxville scene for many  years and nothing in Knoxville ever never excited me.  I had their ribs and they were extremely crunchy on the outside and smooth as butter on the inside.  Their mac and cheese is made  using Benton's bacon ( many of you know Allen Benton expecially Al and Poverty) and they use scallions.  I did not care for their cole slaw though but the ribs were very good.  Somehow they smoke all day and insure that the prodcut is always fresh.  How they do it, I am not sure.  I got the small spare ribs for $8.95.  No sides.  I could only eat two of the four.

This is the only time I have ever suggested a BBQ in Knoxville but this is appearing like the real deal.  It is not a chain although the owner has a couple of other restaurants in Knoxville but not BBQ. 

http://www.rouxbarbeque.com/

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
post edited by Sundancer7 - 2010/05/15 11:13:28

39 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1