The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Knoxville, TN has finaaly got a good BBQ

Sundancer7

Knoxville, TN has finaaly got a good BBQ Sat, 05/15/10 11:11 AM (permalink)
The top chef in Knoxville has totally refurbished a old Hardee's In Knoxville.  It is so different that you would not recoginize it.  It seats 90 on the inside and 120 on the outside.  He smokes his product on a huge smoker that sets on the outside.  It is a beautiful facility

Roz and I was extremely impressed.  I have been on the Knoxville scene for many  years and nothing in Knoxville ever never excited me.  I had their ribs and they were extremely crunchy on the outside and smooth as butter on the inside.  Their mac and cheese is made  using Benton's bacon ( many of you know Allen Benton expecially Al and Poverty) and they use scallions.  I did not care for their cole slaw though but the ribs were very good.  Somehow they smoke all day and insure that the prodcut is always fresh.  How they do it, I am not sure.  I got the small spare ribs for $8.95.  No sides.  I could only eat two of the four.

This is the only time I have ever suggested a BBQ in Knoxville but this is appearing like the real deal.  It is not a chain although the owner has a couple of other restaurants in Knoxville but not BBQ. 

http://www.rouxbarbeque.com/

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
<message edited by Sundancer7 on Sat, 05/15/10 11:13 AM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com