Pioneer Pit Beef Baltimore

Author
Greymo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3737
2010/05/20 15:31:54 (permalink)

Pioneer Pit Beef Baltimore

I had lunch at a great place yesterday.  It is truly worthy of being called a real Roadfood place.  I went to The Pioneer Pit Beef.............a real short distance of  695 West.  Our family has tried every pit beef place in the area of Baltimore and think this is the very best.  Menu is very limited.   They serve the regular size it beef  (more than I can finish), the super and the sub.  They also serve turkey and ham and I have never seen anyone order that  except for my daughter in law.  They offer fries  and fries with homemade beef gravy.  Drinks are in three sizes and they may offer chips, but  do not remember that for certain.

Pioneer Pit Beef  is a very small building .  You enter and stand in a narrow space in line.  You give the man your order and tell him the doneness that you would like your beef.  He slices off the  first slice and hands it to you on the tip of his knife for you to eat while meat is being slice paper thin and pilled on a good sized  roll.  The "condiment man"  asks what you want on your sandwich  and then  wraps it and  it  is given to the cashier. She packages your order , complete with lots of napkins in a white paper bag.

You then head outside and see if there is space at one of the three picnic tables.  If not, you head for your car.  I was there early  to had a picnic table to myself  and  feasted on the  world's  best pit beef sandwich  cooked to perfection  and so tender that a baby could eat it.  They are open  Monday  through  Saturday  from  11:00 AM  until  5:00 PM.

13 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1