The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Two New Ice Cream Places in Virginia

i95

• Total Posts: 2500
Two New Ice Cream Places in Virginia Fri, 06/4/10 11:22 PM (permalink)

Two New Ice Cream Places in Virginia...

...including:

Moo Thru (http://www.moothru.com/), Remington, Virginia

Located on the southbound lanes of Route 29 between Warrenton and Culpeper (or exactly four miles west of the Route 29 and Route 17 intersection in Opal and the less-than-stellar Pete's Park-n-Eat for you folks using Routes 15 and 17 as an alternate to I-95 in the Old Dominion), the classic New England ice cream barn just opened this past Tuesday and I've already hit it twice. Fresh, handcrafted ice cream or what they tout as "real ice cream from real dairy farmers" is what they serve through two order windows framing a bay window of said displayed dairy products. Flavors range from vanilla, chocolate, Key Lime Pie, butter pecan, strawberry and a half-dozen others. Simply fabulous. Rich, luxurious taste. Great setting. Lots of picnic tables. A New Hampshire-like setting some seven states south. Who woulda' thought?

Sweet 95 (http://www.kitchen64.com/), Richmond, Virginia

Located directly off of I-95 as it passes through Virginia's capital and next to (and owned by) the upscale diner otherwise known as Richmond's Kitchen 64, Sweet 95 isn't yet opened (stopped-by today and they're still in the permitting stages) but rumor has it that their product will be none other than that produced by the (Wirtz) Virginia-based Homestead Dairy. Homestead Dairy, near Virginia's Smith Mountain Lake, uses milk from two local, older and family farms to make their ice cream and makes a point of using milk free of antibiotics and hormones. This will surely be a place to watch when it opens later this month and you'll not find an easier on/off interstate accessibility than this place. I can't wait.

<message edited by i95 on Fri, 06/4/10 11:27 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com