The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Are there any Canadian Roadfooders out here with reviews about Canadian places

analei

• Total Posts: 533
Are there any Canadian Roadfooders out here with reviews about Canadian places Fri, 06/11/10 1:59 PM (permalink)
Hello,

First off, not certain if this is the right forum to ask this question so bear with me. I read a lot of nice articles and such about roadfood here on this site, but almost all of it it is in the USA with the occasional place from Canada thrown in.

I was wondering if there fellow Canadian roadfooders who do reviews on their experiences in Canadian establishments.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
ana

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
    Re:Are there any Canadian Roadfooders out here with reviews about Canadian places Fri, 06/11/10 2:12 PM (permalink)
    Hey analei!  There are a couple of places you can look.

First, go to the Restaurants section from the home page and then click on International in the State directory.  Most of the listings there are in Canada.

Also, click on Digest on the home page and then scroll down to where it says Roadfood Cross-Continental and click on that.  It is a 43 day(?) excursion that ayersian (Chris & Amy) took across the U.S. and Canada.  Lots of scrolling to do, but well worth it and totally drool-worthy.  Hope this helps!  Happy Eating!

analei

• Total Posts: 533
      Re:Are there any Canadian Roadfooders out here with reviews about Canadian places Fri, 06/11/10 2:19 PM (permalink)
      Thanks BillyBoy.

Sometimes i get a bit envious when i see all these great places that as you said droolworthy, but so many of them are in the USA. As well, i would like to know about other Canadians on here.

Anyway, your suggestions are much appreciated! Thanks again.

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
        Re:Are there any Canadian Roadfooders out here with reviews about Canadian places Fri, 06/11/10 2:40 PM (permalink)
        A few more ideas:

1.)  There is a Roadfooder with the handle, kirstine who I think is in Edmonton.  You can do a search for her posts and you should find some Canadian spots.

2.)  Use the Search funtion to put in Canada as the keyword, select "Where Should I Eat?" and hit Search.  You may have to sort through a number of posts but it might be helpful.

3.)  Also, ayersian did a great report a while back titled: Maine and the Maritimes.  If you search using the keyword Maine (use upper case M), ayersian as author and select Trip reports, you should get all three installments.

4.)  I know that Wanderingjew has done some Trip Reports and this one:  Great Lakes and Canadian Baseball 9/08 finale has some good recs in it.  Here is the link:  http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/tm.aspx?Great-Lakes-and-Canadian-Baseball-908-finale&m=438236&high=coney&mpage=2

MiamiDon

Re:Are there any Canadian Roadfooders out here with reviews about Canadian places Fri, 06/11/10 3:20 PM (permalink)
          Another way to get all things Canada from Roadfood.com is to type the following in Google:

Canada site:roadfood.com

<message edited by MiamiDon on Fri, 06/11/10 3:21 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com