Columbus, Oh

Author
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
2010/06/29 16:22:29 (permalink)

Columbus, Oh

HI!.. Yes, its Me... Long lost but now found......

I have been living in the Columbus area for about 6 months now, discovering some great places to eat, with what little time I have to do so.

Today's restaurant of choice and by recommendation by long time poster and friend,  Mr. Michael Hoffman, is the Gahanna Grill, in where else, but Gahanna!

First off let me tell you the famous Beanie Burger has no beans, and no is not a veggie burger, as one may assume from the name. It is a messy, 4 napkin beast
of a burger....
Sloppy, messy, and really good.
I normally dont opt for a bunch of accoutremen'ts on my burger, but as they say, when in Rome, do as the Romans do, so I just had to get it and "suffer"....I mean
YOU just cannot go to the Gahanna grill for the first time and order a hamburger.. You must order what they are known for...

Let's start off bottom to the top....10 oz burger, topped with American cheese, grilled onions, bacon, a fan of leaf lettuce, coleslaw and finished off with a huge slice of tomato-- and oh yeah, a huge roll...

Let me tell you, this is a two handed burger, and ladies, if your hands are small, you will have issues trying to hold it. Un-cut-able, so you must bite the bullet and jump right into it.. there is no dignified way to eat this monster!
My  mouth wouldn't even open big enough to bite the whole thing!---""like I said, there is nothing dignified about this burger, but the looks of it"
Good burger.....
I spotted a Philly steak on the menu and I will be going back to try that.. they also offer prime rib, steaks and a nice selection of menu items for everyone's palate.

I have a couple hot dog joints to check out, (everyone knows my love for beef dogs, Ya hear that Capt Morgan?)--I have to do a dog tour without you it seems.

I also have been to the Cap City diner, which has also been discussed here, and had the meatloaf which is not a normal item I would order out, but the Cap city Diner is not your basic diner.. It is upscale with some of the nicest presentation of food on a plate that I have ever seen.
The meatloaf was perfect, as was the gravy, which I had to get extra of, it was so delicious.. Has a tad of their homemade BBQ sauce in it, and I wish I had a photo to show you, but it was layered with the mashed (home made) potatoes on the bottom, with the meatloaf in the middle and onion straws on the top, ...
I will be back and promise I will take photos....

http://www.gahannagrill.com/Files/Full_Menu.pdf

http://www.capcityfinediner.com/cmr/files/content/Cap2-Lunch510.pdf

In the meantime, feast your eyes on the "World famous Beanie Burger"....
..well, maybe not.............
A little help here please.....
OK, who changed the way you add a photo?.. Have I been gone THAT long?... Hmmmmm

post edited by roossy90 - 2010/06/29 16:45:03

82 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1