The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

great Vietnamese food in Kansas City, MO at the City Market

rwcroft49

• Total Posts: 3
great Vietnamese food in Kansas City, MO at the City Market Tue, 07/20/10 11:51 AM (permalink)
Hien Vong Restaurant in the City Market, Kansas City, MO
family owned and operated - consistent quality and always freshly made.  the restaurant is nothing to look at, but over seven years of eating here..... great food!  fresh made limeade or lemonade.

check the whiteboard for things not on the printed menu.  I always get #81.

The Crispy Cakes:  sweet potato fingers  combined with shrimp and fried tempura style; served with lettuce wraps and fish sauce.  Divine!

My friends always get #34..... check out the menu.

BR

• Total Posts: 233
    Re:great Vietnamese food in Kansas City, MO at the City Market Mon, 07/26/10 8:33 AM (permalink)
    I've eaten there also. I love Vietnamese cuisine. I try to visit City Market anytime I'm in Kansas City. Kansas City is one of my favorite cities in the US.

WarToad

• Total Posts: 1787
      Re:great Vietnamese food in Kansas City, MO at the City Market Mon, 07/26/10 11:40 AM (permalink)
      I have no idea why it took me so many years to discover Vietnamese food.  Definately some seriously tasty food, and they can grill with the best of them.

vniizht

• Total Posts: 3
        Re:great Vietnamese food in Kansas City, MO at the City Market Sun, 12/12/10 1:06 AM (permalink)

This restaurant is one of the worst Vietnamese restaurants in Kansas City. If you want a good one, you cannot go wrong with Vietnamese Cafe, which situated directly in the tiny “Vietnam town”. You can find some other good ones, like Pho 97 and Sung Son A Vietnamese Bistro. In contrast, Kansas City's Farmers market is famous only among midwesteners in the forth generation, who strongly believe that the best food is steak bought at huge discount (i.e. old and multiple times thawed/frozen).

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com