The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

BUZ & NED'S BBQ in RICHMOND, VA

i95

• Total Posts: 2500
BUZ & NED'S BBQ in RICHMOND, VA Mon, 01/19/04 7:24 PM (permalink)
ALLOW ME TO INTRODUCE YOU TO
BUZ & NED'S REAL BARBECUE

I could've listed this thread under so many subject headings: "Restaurants Taken for Granted"; "MA to FL"; "Eating While Driving" (which I'm embarrassed to say I did today) or "BBQ Finds". I could've even included it in "Getting Your Posts Deleted" had I owned any stock in this place (as I wish I did). But having passed by this place for so many years and not finally stopping in until today, allow me to profess: OOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEE !!!!! This place is great !!

While I've frequently dined in Richmond for over 15 years and have posted in the past regarding that city's Acacia, (former) Frog & The Redneck and the famous Smokey Pig restaurants (as well as the delectable, local Rostov's Coffee), I have wrongly overlooked this Road Food-on-the-outside / Road Food on-the-inside eatery. And while I've bared witness to other posts about the ease of getting to Bill's Barbecue from I-95, let me tell you, this place is just as easy to get to off of I-95 as it travels through Richmond, Virginia (less than a mile west off of the "Boulevard" exit) at 1119 North Boulevard, Richmond, Virginia.

Buz & Ned's concentrates on pork barbecue, ribs, brisket and chicken. Their "coarsely chopped and oversized" pork or "boneless pulled BBQ chicken" sandwiches were each just $ 3.95. A Texas-style, "big-smokey-and tender" beef brisket sandwich was $ 5.75. Meanwhile, ribs ranged from a half-rack of either baby back pork ribs or pork spare ribs each for $ 12.95 to a full rack of either for $ 20.95. Sides ranged from cuke & onion salad to macaroni & cheese.

I opted for the small pulled BBQ chicken platter which, for just $ 6.45, proved to be a huge sandwich of smokey, succulent white meat in a tangy, North Carolina (sorry, Lone Star) BBQ sauce topped with coarsely-chopped coleslaw that proved hearty and just the slightest of sweet. It came with a side of twice-fried french fries and scrumptious baked (pinto and kidney) beans cooked with smoked bacon (the latter proved the most difficult to consume on the road).

A great review of this place (which has yet to be mentioned on this site) can be found on Richmond.com's web site at:
http://www.richmond.com/dining/output.cfm?ID=2698508&vertical=dining .

So here's a new and HIGHLY-RECOMMENDED Road Food "find" for those of you using I-95 as a north / south route. They're open Mondays - Saturdays from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm. Don't make the same mistake I did by wrongly overlooking this bonafide barbecue joint.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com