Angry Minnow pulled pork

Author
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5143
2010/08/15 13:35:38 (permalink)

Angry Minnow pulled pork

At the end of July we were in Hayward, WI and stopped in at The Angry Minnow for lunch.  I'd read the menu online beforehand and was curious about the pulled pork; after all, outside of the very first Famous Dave's Hayward isn't exactly known as a place to find barbecue.

The Angry Minnow is a brewpub inside a renovated building originally built in the 1800s.

I was pleasantly surprised with the sandwich I received, although to be honest I had deliberately set the expectation bar somewhat low.  The menu advertises it as smoked pork and while I didn't ask about the details I have no reason to believe it's fauxbecue from the oven.  I was a little worried that the wild plum barbecue sauce might be too sweet or too fruity but it was neither and complemented the meat well.

The oven-roasted asparagus (which was also the real deal, as proven by the beer-induced pit stops later that afternoon) was good but would've been even better had it been seasoned a little more prior to cooking.

Kathy gave good marks to the Minnow Burger and swiped some of my barbecue sauce for her fries, which were tasty but would've been even better had they be a little more crisp.  Although to be fair, homemade fries are often a little on the soft side.

I'd definitely visit again but there are simply so many different places to eat in this part of Wisconsin that it might be a few years before I do so!

Brad
post edited by Brad_Olson - 2010/08/15 13:40:47

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1