Chip's Hamburgers - Merrill WI

Author
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5042
2010/08/15 14:30:05 (permalink)

Chip's Hamburgers - Merrill WI

On the way home from our vacation I stopped at Chip's Hamburgers in Merrill, WI.  Kathy and the kids didn't return my call until they had already passed the exit (we take separate cars) so I was on my own for a quick lunch.

Chip's has been around since the 1930s and claims to be one of "Merrill's seven wonders"; while I have no idea what the other six are they're probably on the Interwebs somewhere.  I don't have a shot of the interior but the design features the classic walk-up stainless steel counter with the semi-open kitchen in the back.

$3.78 later I was the proud owner of a bacon double cheeseburger, a small order of fries, and a medium soda.  The fries appeared to be typical frozen food service crinkle-cuts but they were fresh out of the fryer and hot, crisp, and salty, just how I like them.  The burgers are griddled and maybe it was because I hadn't eaten anything yet that day, but it was one of the best fast food burgers I've had in a long time.  The beef was tasty and even though the patties were thin they weren't at all dry, the bacon was reasonably crisp, and the American cheese was nicely melted.

Chip's is about 5 minutes or so west of US-51 and IMO it's worth the slight detour; the only regret I had was bypassing the Relay for Life brat fry fundraiser along the way!

Brad
post edited by Brad_Olson - 2010/08/15 14:33:20

6 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1