The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Where to find good food in Branson, MO.?

tkpowell

• Total Posts: 1
Where to find good food in Branson, MO.? Sun, 04/6/03 2:49 PM (permalink)
We are going to visit the old person capitol of the world next week, Branson, MO. Do we have any chance of finding yummy food in buffet-country? Thanks!

Bushie

• Total Posts: 2902
    RE: Where to find good food in Branson, MO.? Mon, 04/7/03 9:02 AM (permalink)
    Branson is geared for tourists, so your best bet would be to ask some locals when you get there. I used to enjoy the Farmhouse and the Branson Cafe, both downtown. It's been years, though. There used to be a couple of BBQ places that were pretty good (Missouri style smoked with Hickory ), but I don't remember the names, so again, I'd ask around.

Something a little different is the Friendship House at the College of the Ozarks. The meals are prepared by the students.

Regardless, you can always go to the Steak n' Shake, which is a wonderful "road-chain" in itself.

rosmith

• Total Posts: 6
      RE: Where to find good food in Branson, MO.? Mon, 06/30/03 12:06 AM (permalink)
      Landry's Seafood is good in Branson, Mo. And Outback Steak House. But, we ate at Sadie's Sideboard Restaurant (a buffet) and it was the worst buffet I've ever had. Outside it advertised ribs...but we ate there at 3:00 in the afternoon...and the ribs were only at night. We would never go there again! They have a "Rib Crib"...but we have not eaten at it in Branson, only in Tulsa. Tulsa's "Rib Crib" was good, though.

kennythecook

• Total Posts: 5
        RE: Where to find good food in Branson, MO.? Mon, 06/30/03 12:27 AM (permalink)
        If you have time Ozark is only 29 miles north of Branson and offers yet another Lamberts (Home of the throwed rolls). The food is good and plentiful and reasonably priced but be prepared to wait a while no matter what time you eat there. Last time there middle of the week 3 p.m. no buses: 30 minute wait. And of course Springfield a city of 150,000, is just ten minutes north of Ozark. Springfield according to legend at on time had more Chinese restaurants per capita than any city in the US

Bushie

• Total Posts: 2902
          RE: Where to find good food in Branson, MO.? Mon, 06/30/03 8:50 AM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by kennythecook

If you have time Ozark is only 29 miles north of Branson and offers yet another Lamberts (Home of the throwed rolls). The food is good and plentiful and reasonably priced but be prepared to wait a while no matter what time you eat there. Last time there middle of the week 3 p.m. no buses: 30 minute wait. And of course Springfield a city of 150,000, is just ten minutes north of Ozark. Springfield according to legend at on time had more Chinese restaurants per capita than any city in the US

Lambert's is good, and it's fun to eat there. The reason Springfield still has so many Chinese restaurants is due to a specialty that was created there many years ago; Springfield Cashew Chicken.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com