I am the only one in my city who thinks Applebee's foods is BLAH

Author
analei
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 536
2010/09/14 13:28:56 (permalink)

I am the only one in my city who thinks Applebee's foods is BLAH

The other night a friend and myself were discussing where to go for dinner. Somehow the lure of the usual haunts was not grabbing me so i suggested Applebee's (HUGE MISTAKE).

We order the ultimate trio which consisted for two tiny riblets (4 inches long, 1 inch across), a half cup portion artichoke dip, corn chips (most were broken), and three tiny wonton tacos for $16.49. Then I had shrimp marinara which was priced $13.50 and this consisted of eight overcooked shrimps, 1 cup of mushy whole wheat penne, and loaded with Ragu tasting tomato sauce and way too much hot pepper. It was warm, not hot. We also got two strawberry daiquris.

Our bill came to 65 dollars for her meal, my meal, two drinks, and the appetizer we shared. If this has been a great meal, then fine, but the food was boring, standard, and flavourless, overpriced and overhyped. Yet, the place is always packed to the brim, noisy, and I still cannot figure it out. I should have gone for some Vietamese cuisine, diner, or fine Italian instead. Better value and food. 

33 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1