The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

After reading 2010 bbq

hardluk1

• Total Posts: 3
After reading 2010 bbq Sun, 09/19/10 11:07 AM (permalink)
 After reading the 2010 BBQ mag i desided to get on this forum . I now live in NC mountains and missed really good bbq. First tried that eastern vinager bogged up stuff about 10 years ago and that could be oven cooked and no one would notice because of the sauce. That for me goes for all the lexington vinager based stuff.  Red slaw too.  But that goes the same way with any restraunt covering there meat with a red sauce.  I grew up knowing that bbq was slow cooked over wood and let the customer muck up there food. 
  I have found a small bbq place in Saluda NC  that is called Green River bbq and for the couple times i have been there it is pretty darn good all around. It is off c-176. Another up here in the mountains is some guys that build homes, slow work , so they went back to there roots. They opened  BAMA-Q in Spruce Pine NC on 226. They have been up gradeing as the bucks come in and now have some good equipment  and make some great pork. I don't care for beef much but even there brisket is real good. Pretty well rounded bbq. I have been gone from  SW FL for 13 years ,been back 1 time and found that in Naples FL  Rib City still has good BBQ and Michaelbobs is ok,to costly but still OK.  Even Sonny's in Clewiston is still real good. Not like some of the other chain stores.. Sure do miss have'n hogs running around to take home and cook your self. 
   Anyone here ever have cooked in the groud Cuban pork???   ummmm goood

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com