Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings in Lexington, KY

Author
DirtDude
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 161
2010/09/24 19:58:49 (permalink)

Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings in Lexington, KY

I made a trip back up to Lexington, KY last weekend to see Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings. Unfortunatley most of the bands I like don't get down to SC to often, mostly just to Atlanta. But it was a good excuse to see my friends and enjoy some early fall weather in Kentucky. I left about 4am last Friday so I could enjoy the town a little and didn't really hit any food on the way up, mostly because I was saving up for my favorites in Lexington.

I started by meeting some guys at Lynaghs Pub, which was close to the University of Kentucky's campus. We hit this place up a lot for beer and burgers at lunch back in the day . They have music on the weekends; its your all around, slightly dirty, college hangout. I realized I missed all the tattooed freaky people you get in these towns, Florence has a general lack of freaky people, but plenty of people in golf shirts.

I got the O'Round, which was one of my favorite burgers in town, outside of Ramseys and Marikkas.  Wasn't as good as I remembered, still glad I got to hit up the old pub.

13 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1