The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Building a Food Truck, a branch off of Mobile kitchen build info

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 46 of 46
JohnL08

• Total Posts: 58
Re:Building a Food Truck, a branch off of Mobile kitchen build info Mon, 10/11/10 3:37 PM (permalink)
Mamie

Johnl

that's a really nice truck and I believe you when you said it was "driven by a little old lady once a week to church".. can't wait to see it when you're through.

Thank you. I will post some pics as I go along. I just removed seats, wheelchair lift, a bunch of seatbelts, and gave it some mechanical attention with new brakes, trans filter/fluid, and oil change over this past week. It already has metal interior walls so I am just painting and probably installing stainless only behind the equipment line. Waiting for HD approval of my plans now.

Mamie

• Total Posts: 202
    Re:Building a Food Truck, a branch off of Mobile kitchen build info Mon, 10/11/10 3:39 PM (permalink)
    that's great .. it also looks like it would be easy to drive and comfortable to ride

gypsyqueencuisine

• Total Posts: 14
      Re:Building a Food Truck, a branch off of Mobile kitchen build info Sat, 12/11/10 11:13 AM (permalink)
      I need some serious help here!  I have been looking for over a year now in my area (Asheville NC) and beyond for a step van to convert into a mobile food unit!  I have searched in TN, GA, SC and some VA and all I am finding that is in decent shape are step vans with a 10ft cab.  Can I swing it you think with that much space?  I do need a 3 compartment sink, hand sink, a fryer, flat top, 36 inch sandwich prep table/fridge and a Gyro machine which is 24 inches wide.  I am on a limited budget, about 15K.  I wish I can buy an up fitted van but they usually run around 40K and up!  Is there a place where Fedex or the post office sell their trucks?
      I appreciate any help and advice I can get from you guys!

localnet

• Total Posts: 1064
        Re:Building a Food Truck, a branch off of Mobile kitchen build info Sat, 12/11/10 11:27 AM (permalink)
        Try this http://www.equipmenttraderonline.com/

They are out there, do you have a local bread company? You should give them a call and see what they do with their old bread wagons. I would think that if planned properly, you should be able to do what you want in 10', the only issue I see will be your sinks. Do you need full compartment restaurant sized sinks or can you get by with the smaller hot dog cart sized sinks? If you can get by your HD with the smaller sinks, I think this is doable in your 10' box.

Mike
        <message edited by localnet on Sat, 12/11/10 11:29 AM>

StephD

• Total Posts: 5
          Re:Building a Food Truck, a branch off of Mobile kitchen build info Fri, 12/17/10 5:34 PM (permalink)
          You may have to go outside of the Southeast to find one. There are several on ebay today that are under $5000, but you may have to go as far as Michigan, Nevada. It may be worth it for a good deal and to get exactly what you are looking for. Fly out and drive back or fly out, check it out and get it shipped to you

farmboy236

• Total Posts: 129
            Re:Building a Food Truck, a branch off of Mobile kitchen build info Fri, 12/17/10 6:00 PM (permalink)
            Queen,
              Try Crazedlist.com.  It searches all (every state, every item) of Craigslist based on your parameters.  You just tell it what city or all cities, what state or all states and your specific item of search.  I think I just saw a truck in NJ for that price range and shipping costs are probably around $1500-$2000.  You can get a shipping quote online if you know the zipcodes of both locations and the weight of item to ship.  My wife is from Asheville, good luck to you.

StephD

Re:Building a Food Truck, a branch off of Mobile kitchen build info Sat, 12/18/10 12:09 AM (permalink)
              @gypsyqueencuisine Check Birminghams Craigslist. Searchfor "chevy p30" Its a 16ft step van $2500. Hope this helps. I tried to post the link but was unable to

<message edited by StephD on Sat, 12/18/10 12:12 AM>

THE WILD DOG

• Total Posts: 1465
                Re:Building a Food Truck, a branch off of Mobile kitchen build info Sat, 12/18/10 12:30 AM (permalink)

MobileCuisine

• Total Posts: 63
                  Re:Building a Food Truck, a branch off of Mobile kitchen build info Wed, 01/12/11 11:58 AM (permalink)
                  Have you checked sites in Florida for the custom builders? I know there are a few in Miami.

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7762
                    Re:Building a Food Truck, a branch off of Mobile kitchen build info Mon, 02/21/11 6:03 PM (permalink)
                    Part 2

Island Pound Hounds

Re:Building a Food Truck, a branch off of Mobile kitchen build info Mon, 01/30/12 8:47 PM (permalink)
                      Hi, I just purchased a 2004 Ford F450 Super Duty (chassis) 7.3 Diesel Challenger Bus and am looking to convert to a food truck.  Im asking for assistance (diagrams) of the waste water systems you have used.  I would like to have a black water, gray and white water tanks and potty, along with the required 3 sinks plus 1 for hand washing.  Any help will be appreciated.  Its my FIRST build (re build!)

THE WILD DOG

Re:Building a Food Truck, a branch off of Mobile kitchen build info Mon, 01/30/12 10:42 PM (permalink)
                        Island, post your question in a new thread. This seems like a good question to start a new thread.  My water tanks are basic, I will have to get a pic for you in a day or two, but there are alot of guys doing the same thing as us with current pics. 

Augusto

• Total Posts: 15
                          Re:Building a Food Truck, a branch off of Mobile kitchen build info Fri, 03/23/12 1:03 PM (permalink)
                          I'm from Brazil, and would make a restaurant in a bus. I count on the help ofmembers of this forum.
                          grateful

Island Pound Hounds

Re:Building a Food Truck, a branch off of Mobile kitchen build info Fri, 04/27/12 5:46 PM (permalink)
                            My vans dimensions are 8x22 (actual kitchen area is 7.5 x 14).  I'm so excited; I just got my HWH (Eccotemp L10) bundled with a SHURFlo pump, filter, gas hose and fittings for $215.  I can't post pics yet.  Do you guys recommend an accumulator or not.  I do want a nice flow of water !

THE WILD DOG

Re:Building a Food Truck, a branch off of Mobile kitchen build info Fri, 04/27/12 7:22 PM (permalink)
                              i never used one, I don't see much of an interuption

marco226

• Total Posts: 177
                                Re:Building a Food Truck, a branch off of Mobile kitchen build info Tue, 05/15/12 5:37 PM (permalink)
                                there is a dealer in NEW YORK. THAT'S WHERE i got my step van.
                                it is called more than trucks .com morethantrucks.com
                                ask for joe or karen tell them marco from the poconos sent you there.
                                good luck. also contact the headquarters of you local post office maintanice yard.
                                ask to talk to the superviser they post there used trucks for sell on there bulitain boards.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                  Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 46 of 46

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                  • No New Messages
                                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                                  • Read Message
                                  • Post New Thread
                                  • Reply to message
                                  • Post New Poll
                                  • Submit Vote
                                  • Post reward post
                                  • Delete my own posts
                                  • Delete my own threads
                                  • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com